Lott: 7.14% of Americans Have Carry Licenses, Up 273% Since 2007

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Lott: 7.14% of Americans Have Carry Licenses, Up 273% Since 2007

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/0 ... ince-2007/
John Lott has released a new report that has a lot of bad news for the Civilian Disarmament Industrial Complex. His research shows that 7.14% of Americans now have concealed carry licenses. Incredibly, that number has exploded 273% since 2007. Clearly more and more Americans vote with their wallets when it comes to guns and gun ownership
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

flechero

Re: Lott: 7.14% of Americans Have Carry Licenses, Up 273% Since 2007

Post by flechero »

That number sounds high to me but I hope it's true! And more so, I hope it continues to grow at an explosive rate!

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

That's a great deal higher than I'd have guesstimated, but in this case, I'm glad to be wrong!

As said, bad news for the gun grabbers.

jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I don't know how trustworthy this information is but it seems fairly current.

I applied for a non-resident Pennsylvania permit. In Lancaster County, the office that handles these applications claims that they have 10% of the population who have CCWs. It looks like Alabama wins with 20%.

https://www.gunstocarry.com/concealed-carry-statistics/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

rotor

Post by rotor »

I read somewhere that if you leave out California and New York the number is 8%.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Although Texas is very pro-2A, as was my former Georgia home,
some stats I read (always wonder what the methodology was) show that the
top 2 states re: highest percentage of residents with carry permits were:
Alabama and Indiana.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:01 pm Although Texas is very pro-2A, as was my former Georgia home,
some stats I read (always wonder what the methodology was) show that the
top 2 states re: highest percentage of residents with carry permits were:
Alabama and Indiana.
Lott is a statistician so he isn't going to toss out statistics casually. His numbers on crime statistics have withstood the gun grabbing critics. Tha being said The numbers seem very high to me also. One thing should be noted though, is that states like Alsaka, probably have 80-90% gun ownership, but hardly anyone will bother getting a CHL. Whats the point? unless one makes visits outside the sates. Rven then their neigbors consist of Canada Oregon. and Kalifornia.

I don't know what the rules are in Alabama, but if the prices cheap, enough the process fast enough, and the training easy enough. They could gather many more people. Massachusetts, being very unfriendly to unlicensed gun owners probably has a very high rate of LTC/CHL. Here in Texas we have concealed carry, in our homes and in our vehicles. We can legally buy handguns without permission from the state. The process has a reputation of being long expencive and the expensive training. Although its got easier, it wasn't long ago we paid $140 buck for the privilege of applying, $100 plus for the training, and at least a full day of training, not including passport photos and fingerprints. A breakdown by states can be found here
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

I don't know what the rules are in Alabama, but if the prices cheap, enough the process fast enough, and the training easy enough.
When I was in Alabama is was about the same cost as Texas per year, maybe a little lower. The process was through the country sheriff and took about a week. No training.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I thought we were higher than that. :headscratch
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

When I was in Alabama back in 1988, it was go to the County Sheriff, show him your active duty military ID and a utility bill showing you lived in the county, pay your money (forgot how much it was, but think it was only like $10 or so) and walk out with a permit.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”