Should you draw your weapon to help a LEO?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildRose
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Should you draw your weapon to help a LEO?

Post by WildRose »

Ruark wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 am Here's an interesting article that relates specifically to this topic:

https://www.sensibleselfdefenseblog.com ... rs-of.html
He makes some valid points and might even be a decent attorney but he's ignoring some basic, fundamental facts.

Some of us simply are not wired to see someone else in distress and turn away if we have the ability to help.

Most of us have the sound state of mind and good judgement to carefully pick our battles and decide when intervening is a good/bad idea.

The last thing I want in such an emergency is a lawyer in my head going through every possible way in which intervening could come back to bite me.

I pay two very good services to ensure that should I ever find myself in such a fix and on the wrong end of either a civil or criminal suit I'm am covered.

Lastly we're back to the old adage, I"d rather be judged bit 12... . even if it's not my life on the line when I intervene.

Thanks to the various crowd funding sites out there today if you're in the right, you're not going to go broke defending yourself and will probably come out ahead.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

Mostly I would hel and give a hand, but there are some departments I would not go out of my way for. such as Hitchcock, Diboll, or Harris county Constables, To me they aren't real LEO anyway, just revenue enhancers and I will show them respect they have shown myself or other fellow travelers.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

WildRose wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:29 pm
Ruark wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:26 am Here's an interesting article that relates specifically to this topic:

https://www.sensibleselfdefenseblog.com ... rs-of.html
He makes some valid points and might even be a decent attorney but he's ignoring some basic, fundamental facts.
He is not listed as an attorney in Texas.

Chas.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

Would perhaps a better question be, “Should you draw your weapon to help?”

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”