Gun confiscation starts in South Africa

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Gun confiscation starts in South Africa

Post by philip964 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08- ... over-their

I figured I would give this its own thread.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun confiscation starts in South Africa

Post by Jusme »

It's much easier, to confiscate land, if the owners, can't defend it. I see a very bad time ahead for SA. I don't see how, unless they mak an abrupt turnaround, they will avoid a civil war.

Let me guess, most firearms are owned, by white farmers, or at least all of the registered ones? :shock:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

KLB

Post by KLB »

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Jusme wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 am It's much easier, to confiscate land, if the owners, can't defend it. I see a very bad time ahead for SA. I don't see how, unless they mak an abrupt turnaround, they will avoid a civil war.

Let me guess, most firearms are owned, by white farmers, or at least all of the registered ones? :shock:
I thought registration would not lead to confiscations and we gun clingers are just paranoid. This is one of the problems with getting a NFA stamp.

I hope that the South African land owners fight back with a ferociousness that changes the governments plans. They are in for a struggle.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When they come for the guns you have a stark reality to face and decide on, fight for freedom or accept slavery! There are no other options
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

NNT

Post by NNT »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am When they come for the guns you have a stark reality to face and decide on, fight for freedom or accept slavery! There are no other options
We will need a lot of friends standing by us, one at a time we will be very much out numbered. We can stand/fall on principle as an individual. IF that ever became the case here it might take a few martyrs to rally the rest? Any volunteers?

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am When they come for the guns you have a stark reality to face and decide on, fight for freedom or accept slavery! There are no other options
Emigrate to another state/country. That admittedly involved potentially huge losses, so may not be practicable.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Putin has opened the door to any SA Farmers that will come! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Deltaboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:04 am Putin has opened the door to any SA Farmers that will come! :tiphat:
Imagine a scenario instead, where Putin secretly offers weapons to the rural areas of South Africa.

Geopolitics is very much like the game Risk.

How does Trump respond?

Does he support the government of South Africa in their land grab attempt, to counter Russia’s influence, or do nothing. Does he side with the land owners and become a “racist”? Puts a big squeeze on Trump, for sure.

Probably costs Putin nothing compared to the money he has spent in Syria.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:35 am
Deltaboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:04 am Putin has opened the door to any SA Farmers that will come! :tiphat:
Imagine a scenario instead, where Putin secretly offers weapons to the rural areas of South Africa.

Geopolitics is very much like the game Risk.

How does Trump respond?

Does he support the government of South Africa in their land grab attempt, to counter Russia’s influence, or do nothing. Does he side with the land owners and become a “racist”? Puts a big squeeze on Trump, for sure.

Probably costs Putin nothing compared to the money he has spent in Syria.
Imagine if Trump sends weapons too and then he would be colluding with the Russians to kill black people.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”