Non resident alien firearm purchase

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
samman2018
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Non resident alien firearm purchase

Post by samman2018 »

Ok great, so I will still need my visa page, i94, and hunting licence with me ? But this is just for paperwork purposes and is not submitted for a NICS check ?

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Killadocg23 »

Good stuff. Mines took exactly one month to arrive. Remeber the responsibilities that come with it . Don’t think your above the law or try to act like LEO just as fast as you got it, it can be taken away. Be safe !!

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Killadocg23 »

samman2018 wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am Ok great, so I will still need my visa page, i94, and hunting licence with me ? But this is just for paperwork purposes and is not submitted for a NICS check ?
Yes. Just relax and bring the things I said to bring earlier in this post. You are over thinking this. It’s simple and straight forward. Many before you have done it.

Topic author
samman2018
Posts in topic: 12

Post by samman2018 »

Thanks killadoc, I think you can probably summarize from my posts I am incredibly cautious and don’t take the responsibility lightly. I just want to do everything correctly and learn from you guys, its all a new to me and I take it very seriously.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WildRose »

samman2018 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:45 pm thank you for your response

i was just wondering that if it was declined for some reason is that not in fact breaking some law as they have declined you ?
As long as you are legally present in the US and otherwise eligible just note everything in the appropriate box on the 4473 and you should have no problems. You may have to provide a copy of your visa if you have one and should have a copy of your passport for ID.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”