Do people have no respect for authority anymore?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Do people have no respect for authority anymore?

Post by Grundy1133 »

So on "fascist" book a friend posted a picture of someone that was borderline bashing cops because of the incident recently where the LEO was at the wrong apartment and my friends friend (someone I dont know) decided to act a fool and when i started laying down a dose of reality for him, he got really quiet super quick... the picture said that the LEO said the victim ignored her verbal commands and so the conversation that ensued is as follows... (and since some low brow humans cant keep from using expletives I'll edit the conversation accordingly to make it forum friendly)

him: Imagine people actually defending it and saying he should have not ignored her. Peak bootlicking

me: doesnt matter where you are or what you're doing you obey and do what an officer says and if they are violating your rights ie: unlawful detainment/unlawful searches/whatever it may be, press charges afterward. It's the same as if a LEO busted in your house and said to get down on the floor you're under arrest. Even if you didn't do anything, you obey what they say. I understand that the LEO made a huge mistake but in an article I read, it said that she tried her key and it didn't work so he opened the door. If I saw ANYONE at my house fiddling around with my door locks I'd be suspicious and wouldn't answer. Especially if a LEO comes to my door and doesn't even knock but starts fiddling around with my door handle that's when you know something is up. Either way the LEO thought she was at her apartment and it turns out she wasn't. She didn't just go to some random persons house and shoot them. She thought she was at her house. I'm not saying what she did was right because it was a horrible mix up and but this caption on the post is borderline police bashing. cops are humans just like us. humans make mistakes. ever been in a parking lot and forget where you park after a hard day of working at your cooshy office job/factory job/whatever you do for a living. multiply that by 20 and that's the kind of stress LEOs go thru at their job DAILY. constantly not knowing if you're gonna get shot and killed from a routine traffic stop or if you're taking your lunch break at a diner and someone comes in and blows your head off... I'm not saying what the cop did was right but what I'm saying is cops have it EXTREMELY ROUGH right now and I want the person who wrote that caption to imagine theyre at their job minding their own business and all of a sudden someone with a gun comes in and shoots them twice in the chest. THAT is a potential reality that ALL cops have to face every single day they put on their uniform. I doubt many other people can say they fear for their life just by going to work... Yeah the whole incident is unfortunate but the captions is trying to say she did it on purpose. The fact of the matter is BOTH people made mistakes. The cop was at the wrong house. the victim not only unlocked the door and let her in, but if she DID give verbal commands, he should have obeyed them regardless like i mentioned earlier. obey verbal commands and then if your rights have been violated, take action afterward...

him: Off duty, i aint doing nothing, end of it.

me: she was still in uniform. he had no way of knowing she was off duty. either way, act like an idiot to a cop off duty or not, you could end up taking a ride or dead. i guess if that's your prerogative then go for it.

him: How did he act like an idiot? dude, i didnt know bootlicking this intense was real

me: I didn't say he did. you're attitude is a bit idiotic. "off duty i aint doin nothing." would you rather 'lick a boot' and press charges later or end up with a bullet in you? like i said that's your prerogative lol. and what you call "boot licking" i call respect for authority...

him: cool
NRA Member

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do people have no respect for authority anymore?

Post by Maxwell »

I assume the title is the rhetorical question...
:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Maxwell wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:48 pm I assume the title is the rhetorical question...
:banghead:
Indeed it is.
NRA Member

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Your statement in the OP that a citizen should just comply with unlawful LEO commands is accurate. And the fact that it is accurate sums up what has gone wrong with this country pretty concisely, IMHO.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

If you see a cop in uniform fiddling with your door lock at night and you know it's your apartment....then you may be safer emptying a mag of .223 through the door, and asking questions later. While you may end up in jail, if you open the door you could end up dead.

Now on the other hand if a cop orders you to dance an Irish Jig, you had better start dancin'. Leave it to the judge to hear that you're Czech not, Irish, hence can only dance a Polka.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ScottDLS wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:28 pm If you see a cop in uniform fiddling with your door lock at night and you know it's your apartment....then you may be safer emptying a mag of .223 through the door, and asking questions later. While you may end up in jail, if you open the door you could end up dead.

Now on the other hand if a cop orders you to dance an Irish Jig, you had better start dancin'. Leave it to the judge to hear that you're Czech not, Irish, hence can only dance a Polka.
Just be careful if the cop is the one doing the dancing. Especially if he's a fed.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I have read that witnesses at the scene are disputing some of the statements made by the officer.

This shooting is a sad event there will be no winners, only losers.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:56 pm I have read that witnesses at the scene are disputing some of the statements made by the officer.

This shooting is a sad event there will be no winners, only losers.
Correct.

This is a case where "usually" does not apply. So strange.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

rotor

Post by rotor »

I don't agree with your premise that one must follow every order given by LEO as this can get you killed. LEO are not The Gestapo. There will be no going to a judge to argue your case if you are dead. There have been sexual assaults by LEO that never should be occurring. If a LEO, as in this case, breaks into your house as she did you are legally able to protect yourself and shoot before she shoots. Her uniform does not give her immunity. It may be a tough fight afterwards with the legal system but at least you are still alive. Is there any question that the victim in this case would have been legally correct if he killed the invading LEO?

OlBill
Posts in topic: 9

Post by OlBill »

after a hard day of working at your cooshy office job/factory job/whatever you do for a living.
You ever work in a plant or in the oilfield?

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

rotor wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:58 pm I don't agree with your premise that one must follow every order given by LEO as this can get you killed. LEO are not The Gestapo. There will be no going to a judge to argue your case if you are dead. There have been sexual assaults by LEO that never should be occurring. If a LEO, as in this case, breaks into your house as she did you are legally able to protect yourself and shoot before she shoots. Her uniform does not give her immunity. It may be a tough fight afterwards with the legal system but at least you are still alive. Is there any question that the victim in this case would have been legally correct if he killed the invading LEO?
Whether or not her uniform gives her immunity was never the question or issue. It was that IF she was telling him to do something like, get on the ground or something to the like, you do it. and afterward if you feel your rights have been violated you can then press charges. because the fact of the matter was she had a gun and he didnt. in my experience when you're unarmed, if you want to stay alive you do what the person with the gun says... HOWEVER if she DIDNT say anything but just pulled her gun and shot, then yes i think if he was armed, he would have been within his legal rights to fire on her before she fired on him. imagine the same scenario, only the LEO was just a avg citizen. the victim would have been within his legal rights in defending himself.
NRA Member

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

So the victim's mistake was opening his door? Would the result have been any different if he hadn't. The shooter claimed the door was ajar.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

and afterward if you feel your rights have been violated you can then press charges.
How's that going to go?

Topic author
Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

OlBill wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm
after a hard day of working at your cooshy office job/factory job/whatever you do for a living.
what kind of oilfield do you work at where you're getting shot at..? i know oilfields and plant workers have hazards but a lot of it is due to negligence. someone just walking up to you and shooting you is different than a pipe bursting because new guy jim didn't tighten screw it down tight enough.
NRA Member

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm
OlBill wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:11 pm
what kind of oilfield do you work at where you're getting shot at..? i know oilfields and plant workers have hazards but a lot of it is due to negligence. someone just walking up to you and shooting you is different than a pipe bursting because new guy jim didn't tighten screw it down tight enough.
Getting shot is not the only way to die. In fact it's not the worst way in my book. You think it's a "cushy job"? Try it some time. I've been shot at. It's not hard.

How many cops go through their entire careers without ever hearing a shot fired in anger? The vast majority.

That man was murdered in his own home.

He didn't walk up to anybody and do anything and he didn't make any mistakes. And yet he's dead because she can't find or own door. She needs to go to prison for the rest of her life.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”