Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10020
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#1

Post by AndyC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7404
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#2

Post by RoyGBiv » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am

That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#3

Post by flechero » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am

RoyGBiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
I'm sure it's because the knife wouldn't open but that doesn't change the FACT that he was there to kill him. :grumble

So the libs will give an incompetent hitman a second chance because it's not fair that his knife malfunctioned. :shock:

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4568
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#4

Post by Jusme » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm

flechero wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am
RoyGBiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
I'm sure it's because the knife wouldn't open but that doesn't change the FACT that he was there to kill him. :grumble

So the libs will give an incompetent hitman a second chance because it's not fair that his knife malfunctioned. :shock:


Plus he was only attacking a Republican, they are not a protected, class, in Commiefornia. But if he had attacked, a heroin addict, defecating in the street while shooting up with a government supplied needle, they would have thrown the book at him. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#5

Post by flechero » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16 pm

Jusme wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:56 pm
flechero wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:19 am
RoyGBiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
I'm sure it's because the knife wouldn't open but that doesn't change the FACT that he was there to kill him. :grumble

So the libs will give an incompetent hitman a second chance because it's not fair that his knife malfunctioned. :shock:


Plus he was only attacking a Republican, they are not a protected, class, in Commiefornia. But if he had attacked, a heroin addict, defecating in the street while shooting up with a government supplied needle, they would have thrown the book at him. :banghead:
You know, after reflection this probably qualifies as a hate crime, with mandatory sentence enhancements.


Papa_Tiger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#6

Post by Papa_Tiger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm

flechero wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16 pm
You know, after reflection this probably qualifies as a hate crime, with mandatory sentence enhancements.
It isn't a hate crime if the person being attacked isn't a disadvantaged minority or a "protected" class.

That is just the way the law is applied: Inconsistently.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 24015
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#7

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm

RoyGBiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
Because the victim is a white, male, heterosexual, conservative. If he had been a gay, female, liberal, person of color, it would have been attempted murder.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 7404
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Another Dem tries to murder a Repub - with a pink switchblade

#8

Post by RoyGBiv » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:18 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 pm
RoyGBiv wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
That's not attempted murder because............. ? :headscratch
Because the victim is a white, male, heterosexual, conservative. If he had been a gay, female, liberal, person of color, it would have been attempted murder.
Probably right. :grumble
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”