2 Revolutions attributed to Gun Control

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DEB
Posts in topic: 1

2 Revolutions attributed to Gun Control

Post by DEB »

Read the news today of significant events and found it to be somewhat corresponding to what the Democrats are looking to accomplish without considering the ramifications of their acts:

April 18, 1775. Facing the threat of rebellion, British General Thomas Gage hoped to prevent violence by ordering the seizure of weapons and powder being stored in Concord, Massachusetts, setting the stage for the shot heard around the world.

On this day October 2, 1835, the growing tensions between Mexico and Texas erupt into violence when Mexican soldiers attempt to disarm the people of Gonzales, sparking the Texan war for independence.

Although this wasn't the only reasons that the revolutions started, they seem to be the reason the first shots were fired for independence. Both of these revolts went from the talking stage to the shooting stage when the respective Governments took the measure of confiscating firearms. Just sayin... :txflag: :patriot:
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2 Revolutions attributed to Gun Control

Post by WildRose »

"Gun Control" no matter how else described is always about giving gov't unlimited power to suppress and oppress "The People".

What's worse, is that it is inherently racist as it is the poor who suffer as it gets more expensive to get, and legally keep guns and it is minorities who have the highest rates of poverty in the US.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

E10

Post by E10 »

I just marked Oct 2 in my phone’s calendar as Come and Take It - Gonzales Flag Day. I’ve had a Gonzales flag for some time but never had a specific day to display it. I intend to fly that symbol of Texas liberty in front of my house every year for as long as I am able to hoist it. Let’s all get one and make it a statewide celebration.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

E10 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 pm I just marked Oct 2 in my phone’s calendar as Come and Take It - Gonzales Flag Day. I’ve had a Gonzales flag for some time but never had a specific day to display it. I intend to fly that symbol of Texas liberty in front of my house every year for as long as I am able to hoist it. Let’s all get one and make it a statewide celebration.
Not a bad Idea but in your neck of the woods it just might start another revolution!
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

The grievances are piled up like random logs, but it's the attempt to disarm the populace that is the spark that lights the bonfire!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

E10

Post by E10 »

WildRose wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:44 pmNot a bad Idea but in your neck of the woods it just might start another revolution!
Well, I already fly various flags on days special to Texans: Independence Day and Sam Houston’s Birthday; the anniversaries of the fall of the Alamo and the battle of San Jacinto and the day we became a state. Nobody seems to pay much attention.

I’m normally a peaceable fella, but if they’re foolish enough to start something, I’ll be ready. Our side’s armed.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”