Concealed handgun license holder killed

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concealed handgun license holder killed

Post by RicoTX »

Without knowing all the details yet, it just reinforces the idea that you don't want to be holding a gun when the police show up.

I will say if the police department didn't contact the family, that is terrible.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RicoTX wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:59 pm Without knowing all the details yet, it just reinforces the idea that you don't want to be holding a gun when the police show up.

I will say if the police department didn't contact the family, that is terrible.
Very high risk situation.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Yeah, and he was a youngish black male, which didn't help. I'm curious exactly what they saw when they saw him with the gun. Was he pointing it at somebody? It's hard to fathom the nervous state you would be in if you were an LEO going into an active shooter situation and suddenly encountered a guy holding a gun right in front of you, whether he was pointing it at you or not. It would only take a split second for him to snap it up and kill you. Or maybe Bradford was searching for the shooter, and didn't know the shooter had run off, so his gun was still out. This was a very complex, sad incident.
-Ruark

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I am saying nothing about the incident, for, against, or whatever. All I will say is when I see the name "Benjamin Crump", well... :skep:

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

Incidents like these are why I don't ever intend to hold anybody at gunpoint.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-polic ... 10571.html

Man was shot in the back three times.

This is some thing that really scares me is being a good guy with a gun, but being shot by other good guys with guns.

Police coming up on a reported mall shooting and seeing a man running away with a gun is not a good for anyone.

Re-Holster if not actively defending yourself in public sounds like a wise decision.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”