Interesting question involving both 1st & 2nd Amendment

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Interesting question involving both 1st & 2nd Amendment

Post by mojo84 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:59 pm Which 'red flags' are you referring to? The FTC requirement that 'creditors' like auto dealerships and insurance agencies are required to have a policy and protocol in place to identify if I'm really who I say I am before they extend me credit (identity theft)? Or are you saying that auto credit and insurance companies are now actively engaged in determining if I own firearms, and will refuse to insure me/finance a vehicle if I do?
Not related to gun ownership. Identity and sources of money.

Operation Choke Point didn't not involve insurance agencies or companies but it did require banks to red flag gun ans weapons transactions and business.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Interesting question involving both 1st & 2nd Amendment

Post by mojo84 »

SewTexas wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:59 pm Which 'red flags' are you referring to? The FTC requirement that 'creditors' like auto dealerships and insurance agencies are required to have a policy and protocol in place to identify if I'm really who I say I am before they extend me credit (identity theft)? Or are you saying that auto credit and insurance companies are now actively engaged in determining if I own firearms, and will refuse to insure me/finance a vehicle if I do?

thanks....I was trying to figure out where he was going too
There are multiple industries and professions required to be on the lookout for various red flags that could effect one's rights. The right to bear arms is not the only right that can be temporarily taken away until proper adjudication can be completed. However, RKBA seems to be the most passionate and hottest topic, at least on this site.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”