Bill O’Riley not a gun supporter

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Bill O’Riley not a gun supporter

Post by philip964 »

Bill O’Riley was on the radio today. I think he was on Glen Beck but not sure.

Asked about Trump’s with a pen banning bump stocks, with Glen Beck giving him lead in for perfect opportunity to say something along the lines of Trump is alienating part of his base with this move, said something along the lines of -

whatever the government feels
it takes to keep us safe.

I was really surprised. It sounded like he may have lived in New York his whole life and had never held a real gun.

He may have followed it up with, but I support the 2nd Amendment. Then added but people don’t need hand grenades in their garage.

Thought you all would want to know.

Please correct me if you heard it and got a different impression.

Alf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bill O’Riley not a gun supporter

Post by Alf »

Maybe I missed something but I never got the impression he was.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

O'Riley never was much of a 2A guy. He always struck me as more to the left than the right.

NY conservative? :roll:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Not new news. I remember years ago him saying something to the effect the average American doesn't need an AR15. I wrote him an email detailing how they are used for self/home defense some where in America on a daily basis. Also mentioned that I dont live in fancy New York with armed security and a secure building to live in and that the closest town is 20 minutes away and no telling where the closest sheriff deputy is at. I might have also mentioned how it's the #1 weapon of choice for farmers battling feral hogs. Of course because he is holier than thou, I never got a response. He's not a conservative or constitutionalist, he's just another big city guy that knows how to talk and think he's smarter than everybody else.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Bill alright on most things but he way off base on the 2nd amendment! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I liked O'Reilly for a while until I really started to pay attention to what he was saying. He's a moderate NE Republican, which translates into another form of a Limousine Liberal. Anti-gun, big government, superior attitude.

I was long since off his bandwagon before his fall. No loss. Similar to Beck in some ways, had great opportunities to stand up for something and then blew it.

Surprisingly, Jeanine Pirro "Judge Jeanine" is not a big 2A supporter, at least in the same vein that moast of us are.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

C-dub wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:18 pm O'Riley never was much of a 2A guy. He always struck me as more to the left than the right.

NY conservative? :roll:
New York values....? :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

Saying New York values, instead of New York City values, is like characterizing Texas values as Austin values. There are a lot of conservatives in New York, just not in the city. City folk in every state tend to be liberal, including Texas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

BO is a media elite.. He doesn't give a rat's behind about dirt people.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

His credibility with me is zero. The man is a fake and the real person is an awful person with the history to prove it.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

G26ster wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 am Saying New York values, instead of New York City values, is like characterizing Texas values as Austin values. There are a lot of conservatives in New York, just not in the city. City folk in every state tend to be liberal, including Texas.
:iagree: NY is a very large state, just like texas many people live in the country or small towns.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

G26ster wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:03 am Saying New York values, instead of New York City values, is like characterizing Texas values as Austin values. There are a lot of conservatives in New York, just not in the city. City folk in every state tend to be liberal, including Texas.
Then why can't a Republican win statewide office since Alfonse D'Amato was a Senator? :???: I lived near Albany in the '80's. It was going to take me six months to get permit just to OWN A PISTOL. They have a 17-9 Dem majority in Congressmen.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

ScottDLS wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:14 pm
Then why can't a Republican win statewide office since Alfonse D'Amato was a Senator? :???: I lived near Albany in the '80's. It was going to take me six months to get permit just to OWN A PISTOL. They have a 17-9 Dem majority in Congressmen.
D'Amato was in office til '99. Republican gov. Pataki had two terms 1995-2001, and 2001-2007 so they can win statewide office. When you have 8 million people in a liberal city, it's hard for conservatives to compete. BTW, Albany is city just like Austin. Texas cities, Austin, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio are all liberal. We are headed in the same direction here in Texas. Look at the Cruz election this time around. Also, NY outside of NYC is losing population, and NYC is gaining populaion, where half the state's residents live.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

If he was any less of a gun supporter, his middle initial would be H. :evil2:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

ScottDLS wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:14 pm
I also lived in Upstate NY in the early 80's, but not that far upstate. Down in Orange County.

However, when 40%+ of the state's population is in NYC it is tough. Kinda like the issue IL has with chicago only far worse because chicago's population is only around 20-25% of IL's total population.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”