Review: JETBeam Raptor EDC flashlight

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Review: JETBeam Raptor EDC flashlight

Post by Paladin »

Every Day Carry (EDC) lights are one of the most useful things ever. I don't go anywhere without one and use them constantly.

Fortunately we live at a time when there are tons of good EDC flashlights available at a reasonable price. There are plenty of decent $5-to-$10 options on Amazon and other websites.

But I'm used to the old days when it cost around $100 to get a decent tactical light, and I rely on my EDC light to be a tactical light. So I don't mind spending a little money for my EDC light.

My requirements for a light are to be compact enough to fit in my pocket, very powerful with a clean&even light pattern, both momentary and permanent ON switch, with simple functions that aren't going to go wrong under adverse conditions or duress.

I also like lights that can hide in the palm of my hand, using the most powerful LED available. Lights that have the option of both lithium and rechargeable batteries, a lockout feature to keep it from accidentally turning on, variable brightness, the ability to stand on its end to use as a room light, and one that will not roll away from me on a flat surface.

I recently acquired a JETBeam RRT0SE "Raptor" Rapid Response Flashlight. It's very compact with a 4 5/8" overall length. It has a powerful CREE XM-L2 T6 LED with max output of 730 lumens. The rapid response control ring allows you to easily select brightness level, but won't cause problems under stress by having to cycle through options. The manufacturer advertises both US-MIL-STD-810F impact and IPX-8 water resistance. It has an optional clip and can the stand on the tail like a candle. It has a rugged stainless steel bezel and uses either 1 CR123A battery or with a small tube extension 1 AA standard/rechargeable battery or one 14500 rechargeable.

Very impressed with the light so far, as it fits all my requirements.

The only minuses I can think of is that without the clip it can roll away on a flat surface and the cost of $98 on Amazon.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”