Washington lieutenant governor skips speech over gun fears

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Washington lieutenant governor skips speech over gun fears

Post by Vol Texan »

Just another squawking moonbat:
Washington state's lieutenant governor declined to preside at Gov. Jay Inslee's State of the State speech Tuesday, saying he was concerned people might bring concealed weapons to the joint session of the Legislature.

Lt. Gov. Cyrus Habib, a Democrat, noted that the state House of Representatives, where the speech was given, does not have a policy banning concealed weapons, The Daily Herald newspaper of Everett reported .

"There is no specific threat to me. There is no specific threat we know of, period," Habib said. "It's about the policy."

The House and Senate ban openly carried weapons in their galleries, and in the Senate, where Habib is the presiding officer; he extended that ban to cover concealed weapons as well.
https://www.kxan.com/news/national-news ... 1704368138
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Redneck_Buddha

Re: Washington lieutenant governor skips speech over gun fears

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Hmmm, he must foolishly think criminals will obey a ban.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I was thinking about our situation in Texas on this very subject. I was in a meeting with Texas Comptroller Hegar on Monday night were several of us where OC. I have CC in the Texas Capitol. I was in meetings where Gov. Perry attended and I was also CC. One can not say that Texas politics are not contentious but we have seen no similar moves by Texas politicians (at least that I have heard of yet) to insulate themselves from a potentially lethal electorate.

For me, there is no subject which highlights the difference in the mentality of politicians than their fear or not of armed citizens. Even the gun control advocates, while trying to undermine it, often acknowledge the existence of the 2nd Amendment. It is the means by which those of us who cannot afford armed security to follow us around are able to provide that for ourselves. I'd be shocked if the good Lt. Gov. in Washington didn't have a constant group of security following him Obviously, the other Washington officials don't share his concern. I do understand that his blindness might factor into his thinking, since is would be unable to detect a threat on his own.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Habit is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, among his many other dangerous attributes. He suffers from blindness, additionally he has no eyesight.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

In my book that makes you a COWARD!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

KLB

Post by KLB »

Here's another article on the topic, with a good set of comments.

http://reason.com/volokh/2019/01/16/was ... ch#comment

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”