OR: High School students help write new gun bill 5 round magazines 20 cartridge per month limit.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

OR: High School students help write new gun bill 5 round magazines 20 cartridge per month limit.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/hig ... trol-bill/

Joe Biden in 1990 made high schools gun free zones, since then high schools have become shooting victim zones as a result. Now to punish honest gun owners more high school students are being used as pawns again to help write an unconstitutional bill in Oregon to further infringe on gun rights.

bblhd672

Re: OR: High School students help write new gun bill 5 round magazines 20 cartridge per month limit.

Post by bblhd672 »

The Oregon indoctrination centers have done well creating loyal party members. Stalin would be pleased.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G26ster

Re: OR: High School students help write new gun bill 5 round magazines 20 cartridge per month limit.

Post by G26ster »

I propose a 1 text/tweet per day limit, and no more than 31 texts/tweets per month limit on Oregon high schoolers. Bet their heads would explode.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Well then, I just put 3 years worth of pistol ammo downrange this morning! :mad5 :fire :fire :fire :fire
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

G26ster wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:48 pm I propose a 1 text/tweet per day limit, and no more than 31 texts/tweets per month limit on Oregon high schoolers. Bet their heads would explode.
Too generous. They aren't proposing a 1 bullet per day with 31 per month. I suggest they have to get a background check before every phone they get. Also they pay a $200 tax and have a in depth months long background check done to get a phone capable of sending a text out to more than 1 person at a time. In fact ban phones capable of this starting now, but if you register your phone you can pay the $200 and keep it but no new phones capable of this. Then they can send no more than 5 texts a day, with a limit of 20 for the month. Lump all social media into that as well. So if you send out 2 tweets, 1 instagram post, a facebook post, and a text then you are at your daily limit. Since the founding fathers couldn't have envisioned the modern cell phone. We need to limit sending, receiving messages, or following/being followed by people you have physically met in real life. No cell phones in court houses, on school grounds, on school events, at a polling place, a place that sells alcohol, or within 1,000 feet of a school unless you have your cellphone license or the cell phone is locked in a case and the battery locked into another case.

People would lose their stuff if all the restrictions placed on guns were placed on their 1st amendment or voting.
NRA Benefactor Member

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

Ban the Henry assault rifle and the Walker Colt high capacity pistol. How many centuries need to pass before Congress ends this scourge?

ELB

Post by ELB »

You’ll save more lives if you limit teenagers to driving only four times per month.

And cell phones have to be locked in The trunk or storage space not accessible to the driver.
USAF 1982-2005

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

That bill will never go through as-is; I contend it's not designed to go through. What it is designed to do is to make another, only-slightly-less onerous bill slide through on the grounds that it's more "reasonable", and antis are willing to "compromise". The whole thing reeks more than a feed lot.

KLB

Post by KLB »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:15 pm What it is designed to do is to make another, only-slightly-less onerous bill slide through on the grounds that it's more "reasonable", and antis are willing to "compromise".
:clapping: Your suggestion fits nicely with my native cynicism.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I admit to limited knowledge but are there really semi-automatic pistols with magazines that only hold 5 rounds? My LCP is 6. While I guess that it would be possible for a 5 round mag to be specially made for say a Glock 19, it would take a special order to get one. My point is that the 5 round limit may be, by default, a complete ban on all existing semis. People would be forced to go back to 5 shot wheel guns. Maybe that is the whole point.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I guess I'll just become a criminal because I will not give up my p14 14+1 or my p12 12+1 certainly not because some snotty nose kid thinks that it is a good idea!
What on earth is this country coming too? I know where it's headed and it won't be pretty!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Oregon, is hoping to out Commifornia, Commifornia.
California passes rediculous gun control laws, and Oregon says " hold my beer"
Pure leftist endoctrination. Take a bunch of kids, who have been brainwashed, with leftist rhetoric, and then give them access to writing implements. Don't give them any information, regarding facts, or how guns actually work, and you can get the anticipated result.

Ask any of them how these proposed regulations, will prevent school shootings, since laws already exist making it illegal to shoot school kids, and you just get a blank stare, while they try to decide, if you are racist, sexist, homophobic, or anti- semetic.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Dreamer42

Post by Dreamer42 »

Definition of "Criminal": One who commits crimes; one who, by their very nature, does not obey laws.

Lawmaker: "Lets put more laws on pieces of paper so people will obey them. Well, some of them will, anyway."

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

“With this, it is a great way to know that we are a little bit safer. Obviously there are things that could happen, but we all want to graduate, we all want to go to prom, we all want to have that fun high school experience without having fear and without being afraid.”
If they succeed in disarming the citizenry, I can guarantee that there will be plenty of reasons for them to be afraid. Just look at what's happening in Venezuela right now.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”