Real estate agents getting concealed gun permits

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Real estate agents getting concealed gun permits

Post by KLB »

Real estate, by its very nature, is an industry that comes with some risk. Real estate agents regularly visit homes with floor plans they've never seen. They often meet strangers at the homes they're trying to sell. A 2018 report from the National Association of Realtors showed 33 percent of those surveyed experienced a situation that made them fear for their safety. The survey reported 5 percent of respondents claimed they'd been the victim of crime at work.
https://www.circa.com/story/2019/02/11/ ... ries-a-gun

bblhd672

Re: Real estate agents getting concealed gun permits

Post by bblhd672 »

One of my nephews is a real estate broker in Frisco. He has LTC and carries all the time, as do many of his agents.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I can tell you as a Landlord, even in Texas, I'm really glad I have one. I have three Single Family Properties in Tarrant and Denton County. I think they are in fairly nice working class/middle class neighborhoods, but I'm happy to have protection when I show them for rent and when I tour potential purchases for rental or fix/flip. I'm also glad that County Constables have to accompany on any evictions or legal service. :tiphat:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

jason812

Post by jason812 »

My mom is a realtor. She carries a PPS.

One time she was showing a house and when she went in, she heard the dead bolt lock behind her as she was across the living room. She said she didn't turn around or stop and just walked out the back door. Then sent a message to her office about the guy for a warning to others. They copy DL before showing a house.

Edit to add: The guy never called her back to ask why she just left or called her office to complain.

Another time she went to a house early to make sure it was presentable for the potential buyers. She said that she had a feeling someone was inside even though it was supposed to be empty. Called the cops and they went in and found a squatter who then got another kind of free room for the night. I asked how she knew someone was inside and she said it was just a feeling.

Both of these took place in Waco.
Last edited by jason812 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

jason812 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:47 pm My mom is a realtor. She carries a PPS.

One time she was showing a house and when she went in, she heard the dead bolt lock behind her as she was across the living room. She said she didn't turn around or stop and just walked out the back door. Then sent a message to her office about the guy for a warning to others. They copy DL before showing a house.

Another time she went to a house early to make sure it was presentable for the potential buyers. She said that she had a feeling someone was inside even though it was supposed to be empty. Called the cops and they went in and found a squatter who then got another kind of free room for the night. I asked how she knew someone was inside and she said it was just a feeling.

Both of these took place in Waco.
Always trust your gut. Well done mom.!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Getting the permit / license is a step. Like most tools, proficiency requires familiarity, training and practice. Given the confines of buildings being shown, some good empty hand and edged weapons training and practice would be a good idea too.
I asked how she knew someone was inside and she said it was just a feeling.
It sounds like your mom has a fairly keen sense of observation working in her favor, as well as the good sense to act when something "feels" off. Situational Awareness is a concept and practice I wish more folks would employ more often.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

philip964

Post by philip964 »

A lady real estate agent I know, always hires off duty police for her open houses.

If your not going to carry, that would be very wise.

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

We're looking for a new place now, I know are agent carries

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

While working at the gun store, I sold at least a dozen guns to real estate agents. One bought three different guns to carry depending on how she was dressed. Most had stories, about bad encounters with people posing as potential buyers. Either directly, or from coworkers.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”