GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


RicoTX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#46

Post by RicoTX » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 pm

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm
canvasbck wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm
So, overnight many people I know became felons by doing absolutely nothing.
And our current President has just earned the honor of ordering the forfeiture of more guns than any President in the history of our nation. I did vote for him, and I might do so again, and I'm sure Hillary would have done the same, but facts are facts.
I will not vote for him.
.... waiting on the usual comment that wasting my vote on an independent is a vote for a Democrat...
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#47

Post by crazy2medic » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:47 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm
canvasbck wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm
So, overnight many people I know became felons by doing absolutely nothing.
And our current President has just earned the honor of ordering the forfeiture of more guns than any President in the history of our nation. I did vote for him, and I might do so again, and I'm sure Hillary would have done the same, but facts are facts.
Your not forfeiting the guns just the stock! Return the original stock to the gun and BAM! your back to legal semiauto rifle! Dispose of the stock and maybe go fishing becareful not to lose anything in a boating accident!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 18221
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#48

Post by Keith B » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 am

RicoTX wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm
canvasbck wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm
So, overnight many people I know became felons by doing absolutely nothing.
And our current President has just earned the honor of ordering the forfeiture of more guns than any President in the history of our nation. I did vote for him, and I might do so again, and I'm sure Hillary would have done the same, but facts are facts.
I will not vote for him.
.... waiting on the usual comment that wasting my vote on an independent is a vote for a Democrat...
No need to, you already said it. :totap:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#49

Post by warnmar10 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 am

Keith B wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 am
No need to, you already said it. :totap:
I know it, you know it and the American people know it.
Image


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#50

Post by twomillenium » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:14 am

RicoTX wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm
canvasbck wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm
So, overnight many people I know became felons by doing absolutely nothing.
And our current President has just earned the honor of ordering the forfeiture of more guns than any President in the history of our nation. I did vote for him, and I might do so again, and I'm sure Hillary would have done the same, but facts are facts.
I will not vote for him.
.... waiting on the usual comment that wasting my vote on an independent is a vote for a Democrat...
At least you understand your ……………….
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 25297
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#51

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:02 am

warnmar10 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 am
Keith B wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:07 am
No need to, you already said it. :totap:
I know it, you know it and the American people know it.
Given how close Irish Bob O’Rourke came to beating Cruz in the midterm, with Cruz getting most or all of the 2nd Amendment vote, do either of you seriously believe that Trump is guaranteed to take Texas again, even with all 2nd Amendment hands on deck? I am not convinced. I’d prefer him to whomever the party of death and treason is running, but I’m not convinced that he will beat back those forces of darkness this time around. I’m a libertarian-leaning independent since 2012 in the wake of the GOP’s betrayal of its grass roots and the Tea Party; but I have tended to vote for GOP candidates for federal gov’t offices during those years. But I only did so as a bulwark against the fascist left. I mostly did NOT do it because I like the GOP - which itself has become an elitist brand very little concerned with either honoring promises, or giving the middle class a sense that someone is ACTUALLY in their corner. I no longer listen to what the GOP says. I only listen to what they do. Why? Because the GOP is no more acquainted with the integrity than is the DNC. They’re no longer about first principles, they’re about power; and they’ll happily betray their principles to get and/or hold onto that power.

Everybody here knows the list of campaign promises that went unfulfilled.....MOSTLY for lack of political courage or integrity. No need to list them here. I just submit to you that if you had been loyal to the same brand of vehicle lo these many years, and had bought several of that brand over those years; and then one day, the next new one turns out to not do ANY of the things the salesman promised; and the one after that and the one after that; you’d probably stop rewarding that manufacturer with your money - based entirely on a desire to no longer be fleeced. You’d transfer your loyalty.

It wouldn’t matter if the other major manufacturer was making vehicles that killed their owners....you’d find a third manufacturer, maybe smaller, maybe priced a little higher, but one that builds reliable and safe vehicles, that do exactly what the salesperson tells you they’ll do.

When it became evident to me (back in 2012) that the GOP wasn’t about integrity any longer, I changed brands. Both major parties are selling you something - an idea, a core set of values that they claim for themselves - and they promise to pass legislation to address problems, and fix them, according to their principles and values. Exactly NONE of them promises to create problems with their legislation....but that is what BOTH parties have done....and the ONE party that has stuck to its promises (although they are evil promises) is the DNC. Well I refuse to be suckered by the GOP again, and I won’t vote for any democrat, ever again so long as I live.

If Trump is even up in the polls on Election Day in Texas (or close enough to it), I’ll probably vote for him. But if he 10 or 15 pts behind whomever the commie on the other side happens to be on Election Day in Texas, then I’m not going to throw my vote out the window in desperation to try and push Trump over the top. I will vote my conscience for the first time in a long time.

I’m opting out of the game of thrones. I get it. I’m just one little voter. But I don’t have to be the pawn of an organization that makes me promises and then either leaves them unfulfilled, or actually betrays them. And I sure as hell don’t have to give them any more money ... so none of that from me either, ever again. I paid my dues, made my donations, and then got politically raped. Therefore, nobody can count on my vote anymore (that’s why I not an LP member either). All politicians will have to earn that vote going forward. And frankly, I no longer care what anybody else thinks about that.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#52

Post by mojo84 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am

I get it now. Don't vote for someone because of one decision or action with which one doesn't agree so a candidate that one disagrees with on many issues can get elected. That's brilliant. :roll:

That'll show'em. :smilelol5:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7418
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#53

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am

TINVOWOOT
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood


fiveaux
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#54

Post by fiveaux » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:39 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
TINVOWOOT
Sometimes it seems like Trump is trying to prove that true, even when America elects an "outsider" to "drain the swamp."

When this ban was first proposed, the ever-Trumpers said he's playing 3D chess while the antis are playing checkers. If that's true, and Trump manages to turn this into a victory, and restore Second Amendment rights that were being infringed before he took office, I'm willing to vote for him again. (Assuming he doesn't do anything else to violate my Constitutional rights before then.) However, if he just threw bump stocks under the bus, to appease an unappeasable enemy, I'm not going to vote for him again.

The ball is in his court.


RicoTX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#55

Post by RicoTX » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Well if I am the one vote Trump loses by, I have no issue with that. If some people think that makes me an idiot, that's okay too. I doubt I will be solely responsible for the downfall of the GOP, that ship sailed years ago, and im as guilty as anyone else for voting for the "less bad" party in the past. No more. I will vote for the person that I think is best suited for the position considering my values, regardless of party affiliation.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#56

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Mr Cotten said (paraphrasing) after the Vegas shooting, it took the stress off guns and onto the bump stock.

Its pretty much true....
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#57

Post by warnmar10 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 pm

RicoTX wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:15 pm
Well if I am the one vote Trump loses by, I have no issue with that. If some people think that makes me an idiot, that's okay too. I doubt I will be solely responsible for the downfall of the GOP, that ship sailed years ago, and im as guilty as anyone else for voting for the "less bad" party in the past. No more. I will vote for the person that I think is best suited for the position considering my values, regardless of party affiliation.
Not to beleaguer the issue but do I understand you correctly: Because of the bump stock ban, no matter any other factor, you are compelled on principle to prefer ANY candidate over Trump, including any likely progressive gun grabber?
Image

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 7418
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#58

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 pm
Mr Cotten said (paraphrasing) after the Vegas shooting, it took the stress off guns and onto the bump stock.

Its pretty much true....
No it isn’t. Show me where the left has backed off guns.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

User avatar

warnmar10
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 am

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#59

Post by warnmar10 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm
TreyHouston wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:44 pm
Mr Cotten said (paraphrasing) after the Vegas shooting, it took the stress off guns and onto the bump stock.

Its pretty much true....
No it isn’t. Show me where the left has backed off guns.
The Las Vegas shooting focus is bump stocks, otherwise you are quite correct.
Image


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: GOA in court re bumpstock-ban - interesting

#60

Post by TreyHouston » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:24 pm

"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”