TX: How to dispose of your bump stops in Houston

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bushwhacker
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: How to dispose of your bump stops in Houston

Post by Bushwhacker »

If you don't bump stop, at least slow down!
I prefer peace, but if trouble must come, let it be in my time that my children may know peace.

https://i.imgur.com/BcHTIe2.jpg

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Jason Todd wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 am Wow, are you sure all you folks actually live in Texas? Some of those comments almost makes me want to move across the Red and live with them danged Okies! :biggrinjester:
I hear they let people keep and bear handguns without a license. :shock:
That's crazy. Next you'll tell me that they allow people to vote, and attend religious services without paying for a license or getting any type of training.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 10

Post by WildRose »

Jason Todd wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:17 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:31 am Wow, are you sure all you folks actually live in Texas? Some of those comments almost makes me want to move across the Red and live with them danged Okies! :biggrinjester:
I hear they let people keep and bear handguns without a license. :shock:
Not until October... .
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ameer »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:46 pm
WildRose wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:01 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 am
WildRose wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:26 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:10 pm Tid Bit I learned today, my son works for a firearm distributor so I ask him about the ability of ATF to find somebody who had purchased a Bump Stock, he said it would be virtually impossible!
I find that interesting!
Shipping records and credit card receipts will create a direct line to most purchasers.

If they don't already have warrants for all the records of the producers and distributors you know they will ASAP.
Your theory sounds quite plausible. However, as I stated before, where are the resources in people and money to accomplish that goal?
ATF, FBI, State, and Local PD's.

In all likelihood they'll start with letters informing purchasers they now own an illegal device and advise them on how to lawfully dispose of them.

I don't imagine door to door raids anytime soon.
So, are you suggesting that DPS and Texas county sheriffs are going to actively aid the ATF in the task of gathering up bumpstocks, and arresting those who possess them? Somehow, I don't think that is going to be a very popular position, though I can imagine that a couple of large city PDs in this state will be directed to arrest anyone caught with a bumpstock in their jurisdictions, solely based on the political affiliations of their Chiefs.
Why wouldn't they help enforce the NRA-backed rule change?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 12

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Ameer wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:20 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:46 pm
WildRose wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:01 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 am
WildRose wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:26 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:10 pm Tid Bit I learned today, my son works for a firearm distributor so I ask him about the ability of ATF to find somebody who had purchased a Bump Stock, he said it would be virtually impossible!
I find that interesting!
Shipping records and credit card receipts will create a direct line to most purchasers.

If they don't already have warrants for all the records of the producers and distributors you know they will ASAP.
Your theory sounds quite plausible. However, as I stated before, where are the resources in people and money to accomplish that goal?
ATF, FBI, State, and Local PD's.

In all likelihood they'll start with letters informing purchasers they now own an illegal device and advise them on how to lawfully dispose of them.

I don't imagine door to door raids anytime soon.
So, are you suggesting that DPS and Texas county sheriffs are going to actively aid the ATF in the task of gathering up bumpstocks, and arresting those who possess them? Somehow, I don't think that is going to be a very popular position, though I can imagine that a couple of large city PDs in this state will be directed to arrest anyone caught with a bumpstock in their jurisdictions, solely based on the political affiliations of their Chiefs.
Why wouldn't they help enforce the NRA-backed rule change?
Because they have more important things, like catching actual violent criminals, to spend their time/taxpayer resources on?

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”