TX: How to dispose of your bump stops in Houston

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: How to dispose of your bump stops in Houston

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/how- ... in-houston

So after the Dems take over at some point, is this the story we will be seeing in the news. Except it will be about semi automatic handguns and rifles or will it be all guns.

Trump can do this because we have no other choice. He didn’t even get any points about it from the lib media.

I am always reminded that the final solution for global warming will be for people with odd numbered birthdays to report to a nearby termination facility for disposal.

Channel 2 will most likely have a cheerie piece just like this one for that event as well.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 12

Re: TX: How to dispose of your bump stops in Houston

Post by K.Mooneyham »

(For the record, I never bought one because I can't afford the amount of ammo those things end up using having fun at the range, or out on the ranch, etc.) I want to ask a simple question: how will the Feds know if someone has a bump stock? Do the Feds have records of every person who bought one? Are they going to send armed agents out to collect them, "door-to-door"? Are the local PDs and Sheriff's departments going to send their officers out, with a mandate to go house-to-house, looking for bump stocks? I'm sorry if this sounds sarcastic, I don't mean it to in the least. This is a serious question. There are a LOT of laws in our nation, and state, and ordinances in our municipalities, and to be quite honest, a lot of them aren't being enforced very well. Lots of people have dangerous, illegal drugs. Lots of violent criminals are armed. Lots of illegal immigrants pour across our borders, despite the best efforts of dedicated law-enforcement agents and officers. Just because someone passes a law, doesn't mean they can effectively enforce it, no matter how badly they might want to.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Soylent Green

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

You can accomplish the same thing with a rubber band.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:18 pm (For the record, I never bought one because I can't afford the amount of ammo those things end up using having fun at the range, or out on the ranch, etc.) I want to ask a simple question: how will the Feds know if someone has a bump stock? Do the Feds have records of every person who bought one? Are they going to send armed agents out to collect them, "door-to-door"? Are the local PDs and Sheriff's departments going to send their officers out, with a mandate to go house-to-house, looking for bump stocks? I'm sorry if this sounds sarcastic, I don't mean it to in the least. This is a serious question. There are a LOT of laws in our nation, and state, and ordinances in our municipalities, and to be quite honest, a lot of them aren't being enforced very well. Lots of people have dangerous, illegal drugs. Lots of violent criminals are armed. Lots of illegal immigrants pour across our borders, despite the best efforts of dedicated law-enforcement agents and officers. Just because someone passes a law, doesn't mean they can effectively enforce it, no matter how badly they might want to.
Perhaps they understand that the most law abiding group that they have to deal with are us gun owners?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 pm
K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:18 pm (For the record, I never bought one because I can't afford the amount of ammo those things end up using having fun at the range, or out on the ranch, etc.) I want to ask a simple question: how will the Feds know if someone has a bump stock? Do the Feds have records of every person who bought one? Are they going to send armed agents out to collect them, "door-to-door"? Are the local PDs and Sheriff's departments going to send their officers out, with a mandate to go house-to-house, looking for bump stocks? I'm sorry if this sounds sarcastic, I don't mean it to in the least. This is a serious question. There are a LOT of laws in our nation, and state, and ordinances in our municipalities, and to be quite honest, a lot of them aren't being enforced very well. Lots of people have dangerous, illegal drugs. Lots of violent criminals are armed. Lots of illegal immigrants pour across our borders, despite the best efforts of dedicated law-enforcement agents and officers. Just because someone passes a law, doesn't mean they can effectively enforce it, no matter how badly they might want to.
Perhaps they understand that the most law abiding group that they have to deal with are us gun owners?
Well, what I was really getting at is that it is a logistical impossibility to round up all the bumpstocks.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 pmPerhaps they understand that the most law abiding group that they have to deal with are us gun owners?
I believe you are correct.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The goverment cannot force you to destroy your own property without due compensation.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:47 pm The goverment cannot force you to destroy your own property without due compensation.
That would seem to be true in principal, but I guarantee you that if you were so unlucky as to be caught using a bump stock by an ATF agent, the agent would have zero guilt about arresting you, confiscating your bump stock, getting you in front of a "rubber stamp" judge, and seeing you off to ten years in a Federal pen.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:34 pm
Beiruty wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:47 pm The goverment cannot force you to destroy your own property without due compensation.
That would seem to be true in principal, but I guarantee you that if you were so unlucky as to be caught using a bump stock by an ATF agent, the agent would have zero guilt about arresting you, confiscating your bump stock, getting you in front of a "rubber stamp" judge, and seeing you off to ten years in a Federal pen.
Honest people are not very good at calculating odds. Like stupid people, but in a completely opposite way, with different results.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by crazy2medic »

Fishing accidents have increased alot over the past week, I'm sure that some things have been lost in local lakes never to be seen again!............am I Right?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Ed4032 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 pm You can accomplish the same thing with a rubber band.
This is not about rubber bands or bump stocks or novelty items.

This is about politicians taking another inch of your liberty. This is about government over-reach. This is about violating the US Constitution.

This is about the good Texans who lost their job over a gimmick that became politicized collateral damage without resistance: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 944023.php

Unfortunately, this is also about the 16 months of zero collective, unified fight for rights from the gun community. We the People let them take another inch. And that is unacceptable.
Last edited by montgomery on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:09 am Fishing accidents have increased alot over the past week, I'm sure that some things have been lost in local lakes never to be seen again!............am I Right?
The only thing more cowardly than not fighting for our rights and liberties is cowering by burying in the backyard, fishing accidents, and all the other worn phrases. Taking y'all at your word, how does that even help the kids or grandkids when they get stuck with the stuff their relatives were too complacent to fight for?

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

montgomery wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:14 am
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:09 am Fishing accidents have increased alot over the past week, I'm sure that some things have been lost in local lakes never to be seen again!............am I Right?
The only thing more cowardly than not fighting for our rights and liberties is cowering by burying in the backyard, fishing accidents, and all the other worn phrases. Taking y'all at your word, how does that even help the kids or grandkids when they get stuck with the stuff their relatives were too complacent to fight for?
When the day comes that you must bury your arms, then the day has come for you to dig them out?

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Boxerrider wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:32 am
montgomery wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:14 am
When the day comes that you must bury your arms, then the day has come for you to dig them out?
:cheers2: :txflag:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”