Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

Post by mojo84 »

chasfm11 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 am Today, I had breakfast with the person who was sitting beside McNutt. Most of his version of the story matches the news story by the Tribune that I posted earlier in this thread. There is a backstory to the Kool-aid packet that appeared and it was unrelated to the situation between Bonnen and McNutt.

Whatever you might believe about Rep. Stickland or the previous House Speaker, they never got into the physical proximity that Bonnen has in the pictures with Stickland. For me, that suggests that Bonnen's willingness to drop down to physical confrontation is greater than it should be for someone in his position.
Any chance the witness you know indicated either party grabbed the other, other than shaking hands, in a threatening or violent manner? Did they only exchange words?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bigbang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bigbang »

Deltaboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm Bonner wife lied McNutt was unarmed and a member of her DPS placed the flyer on her front door!
She wasn't home when he was canvassing the neighborhood, so how do you expect her to know if McNutt was armed?
This is a Glock 40. Fifty Cent. Too Short. All of them talk about a Glock 40. OK?
I'm the only one in this forum fool enough - that I know of - to shoot himself with a Glock 40.

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Deltaboy »

bigbang wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:00 pm
Deltaboy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm Bonner wife lied McNutt was unarmed and a member of her DPS placed the flyer on her front door!
She wasn't home when he was canvassing the neighborhood, so how do you expect her to know if McNutt was armed?
She claimed He was armed according to the liberal media!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildRose »

G.A. Heath wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:38 pm If McNutt wanted to make political hay and hurt Bonnen's position next session he would press charges, unless he was concerned about something else that may possibly relate to the incident that reportedly started this whole mess.

I suspect there is more to both incidents that is being reported, and more importantly I suspect both parties are in the wrong as is usually the case when you get such wildly different stories from both sides in two separate incidents.
Or retaliation. Bonnen has a great deal of political power and influence over DPS, Local and Sheriff's depts. A few phone calls could guarantee police harassment constantly for a very long time along with other problems from local gov't.

Charges would not likely have any more effect on his next campaign anyway than the story itself since he'd most likely get the case pushed back well beyond the 20 election or settle it well ahead of time with a plea deal that amounts to little or nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a small fine.

I'm sure video will emerge of the encounter and that will probably be far more damning.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildRose »

Apparently both he and his wife lied about the whole incident.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

Deltaboy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Deltaboy »

Shameful behaviour and Sam Houston doesn't approve! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

I don't know much about what went on at the dinner. However, you can watch the body cam footage of McNutt going by Bonnen's house. Just search "Police body cam footage chris mcnutt dennis bonnen house" on youtube and it should come up. I think it was uploaded by someone we don't care for, but it's the only upload I can find.

Fair warning, it's super boring.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

baytownb

Post by baytownb »

You can watch the video here from KTRH. Unless there was another event of him showing up which I haven't heard anyone say it is quite apparent that Bonnen is full of it. I think anyone watching the video would be hard pressed to view McNutt as some crazed zealot stepping over bounds of decency and making threats on politicians families. Never thought I would long for the days of Straus at least Straus could take political blows without blowing his top and going on a smear campaign. I hear they are going to investigate why the speaker had a DPS security detail at his house. Could be improper use of state resources and could have been deliberate to try to initiate an encounter.

https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/t ... ens-house/

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”