DPS Body Cam Footage Confirms Dennis Bonnen Lies

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

baytownb
Posts in topic: 12

Re: DPS Body Cam Footage Confirms Dennis Bonnen Lies

Post by baytownb »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm Why are they implying flying commercially proves he didn't have a gun with him?

Why did the DPS Troopers offer to do the work of a political activist while they were on duty?
As was pointed out the records show he didn't check a weapon. Also considering Bonnen's wife was apparently either not home or didn't see him at her door her story of him "brandishing a machine gun" seems to be falling apart. "Work"? So when they are already standing around in front of his house it was "work" to put the flyer on the door he was already watching? I am more concerned about why the speaker gets to pull DPS to sit on his house when there is no credible threat to him or his family. I am also more concerned that those that are siding with Bonnen and apparently don't believe their own eyes are still convinced those DPS officers are totally incompetent and willing to let someone brandishing a weapon at the speaker's wife and trespassing on his property actually helped him and let him go without arrest. That's a rather insulting view of those officers.

WildRose
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WildRose »

TreyHouston wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:40 am I really doubt the 16 other states that allow it to allow felons to carry openly. I thought there is some type of federal law prohibiting felons from owning firearms. Bonnen Has been waiting for some group to post about that.
They don't of course, he's simply lying again.
NRA Life Member NRA Certified Instructor RSO, CRSO,
USCCA Certified Instructor
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.
Without The First and Second Amendments the rest are meaningless.

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

bblhd672 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am It appears to me that Mr. Bonnen is fully aware of the likelihood of Texas turning from purple to blue soon, and is strengthening his alliances with the left to make his moving to the Democrat party easier. His public statements parrotting Everytown/Mom talking points, appointing anti-gun Democrats to powerful committee chairs, obfuscating about political moves, etc is evidence he is concerned about his long term position of POWER.
There's probably a lot of truth in that.
TX LTC licensed Instructor Personal/Family Protection and Self Defense Instructor.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

bblhd672 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:01 am It appears to me that Mr. Bonnen is fully aware of the likelihood of Texas turning from purple to blue soon, and is strengthening his alliances with the left to make his moving to the Democrat party easier. His public statements parrotting Everytown/Mom talking points, appointing anti-gun Democrats to powerful committee chairs, obfuscating about political moves, etc is evidence he is concerned about his long term position of POWER.
This is very plausible and a perspective I had not thought of until I saw your comment. Now days, it is more about gaining power and remaining in power than doing what is right based upon principle. It seems the days of representing and serving one's constituency are fast become a thing of the past. Sad times indeed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

Texas Speaker Bonnen Accuses Gun Rights Advocates Of Death Threats
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/04/3 ... h-threats/
Oh, what a mess in Texas.

It seems the very same House speaker that claimed gun rights advocates came to his home–apparently vastly overstating what transpired–is now stepping up his beef with the group.

Now, he’s accusing them of death threats.
While Bonnen does have screenshots of supposedly threatening comments, we know nothing about the posters themselves. Yes, some gun rights advocates get carried away. However, some are saying he needs a butt-kicking, which isn’t a death threat at all. Yes, it’s violence, but it’s a far cry from a death threat.

Further, we don’t know if these are even gun rights advocates. False flag efforts aren’t unheard of. Someone could easily infiltrate a group and post stuff like that in to paint gun rights advocates as unbalanced.

It doesn’t help that we have reason to doubt Bonnen’s honesty, either.

So, if you’re someone posting that stuff, knock it off.

If you want to hurt Bonnen, back a primary opponent against him next election, that’ll do the trick nicely.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

lonestar144 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 pm
mojo84 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm Why are they implying flying commercially proves he didn't have a gun with him?
Bonnen's wife said that McNutt threatened and/or brandished a weapon when he was at the residence. Flight records note that he did not check a firearm, therefore was not carrying.
I keep seeing this, but I only remember her saying that he showed up wearing a ‘t shirt with a machine gun on it’, or some such nonsense. Can someone find a news report where she is quoted as saying he brandished a weapon or showed up armed?
NRA lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

KC5AV wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:47 am
Bonnen's wife said that McNutt threatened and/or brandished a weapon when he was at the residence. Flight records note that he did not check a firearm, therefore was not carrying.
I keep seeing this, but I only remember her saying that he showed up wearing a ‘t shirt with a machine gun on it’, or some such nonsense. Can someone find a news report where she is quoted as saying he brandished a weapon or showed up armed?
My recollection is similar.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

In the meantime I’ll be working with the tried-and-true gun rights organizations to see if we might be able to actually strengthen the rights for those of us who are responsible gun owners.
OK. So what gun rights organizations are you working with? What are you doing with them? What rights are you trying to strengthen? Hmmm? Anything? Hello?
-Ruark

WildRose

Post by WildRose »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:31 am
baytownb wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:21 am Interesting, a friend of mine shared this post apparently from a 74 year old woman that was one of 5 people out there this weekend. Apparently, according to those that were there they didn't even go to Bonnen's house, which, if you read Bonnen's rant it is consistent since I am sure he would have said they did come to his door again if they did. I think it's valid to hear from someone on the other side that was there. Her name is the first part of the post so it would be easy to look her up if you wanted to. These are all quotes from her.

"From Sandi Curtis
Drama queen Dennis is a liberal fudger. I'd heard about his fudging and now, I can say I've personally experienced his fudging. (A fudger is someone who says things that have a little truth mixed with a whole lot of big, fat lies). Here are the True Facts of what happened in his neighborhood, yesterday around 3:00 p.m. FACT #1: I am one of the five, Constitutional Conservative, Republican, citizens of Texas who thought the voters, who elected Diva Dennis, needed to know how he is representing them. We went to his neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods and Put A Post Card On Their Doors that said he was refusing to protect their 2nd Constitutional Ammendment. FACT #2: We DID NOT KNOCK ON ANY DOORS and NEVER PLACED ANYTHING ON HIS PROPERTY. FACT#3: Diva Dennis did walk out of his house, as we walked past his property, and wanted to know what we were doing. FACT#4: None of us spoke to Diva Dennis because we didn't want any drama. FACT#5: The only people we spoke to were ones that were outside their house and we asked if we could give them our post card. We were respectful and courteous to everyone. FACT# 6: Except for 1 person, every single person we spoke to was kind and willingly received our information. FACT # 7: We were out of Diva Dennis' neighborhood in less than 2 hours. FACT # 8: I did see a law officer in his patrol car sitting in front of Diva Dennis' house. I guess they didn't consider us a threat to his safety nor that we were breaking any laws because they never approached any of us. I do question why Texas Tax Payers are having to pay for Diva Dennis' drama antics and fudging. The next time someone comes on my property and wants me to vote for them or their candidate, can I claim I'm being threatened and get free, state law enforcement protection? I'm 74 years young and, believe me, I've had a lot of politicians knocking on my door, calling me and sending me gobs of mail to seek my vote or support. I could call that harassment but it's The American Process of Electing a Public Servant. I want to know, in writing, what they promise so I can hold them to it. FACT #9: Diva Dennis ran as a Republican and promised to protect our 2nd U.S. Constitutional Ammendment gun rights. Why then did he FACT #10: Appoint a Democrat and passionate, anti-gun proponent as Chairman of the Texas House Gun Control Committee and FACT #11: Announce that NO PRO-GUN RIGHTS LAWS WILL BE CONSIDERED WHILE HE, DIVA DENNIS BONNEN, IS SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES . FACT #12: This, dear reader, is why 5 Texas, Constitutional Conservative Republicans passed out post cards that exposed the truth about Diva, Fudge Talking, House of Representatives, District 45, Dennis Bonnen. We hope it will cause them to question and research if they are getting what they voted for."
The two highlighted "facts" are not facts.

Fact 10: Speaker Bonnen appointed Representative Nevarez as chairman of the House Homeland Security & Public Safety committee. There is no "Texas House Gun Control committee".
Fact 11: Speaker Bonnen stated in a Facebook post: "But as they say, talk is cheap... So the final test will be what does or doesn’t happen when the gavel falls at the end of the 86th Legislative Session. I’ll bet my critics an AR-15 that their gun rights won’t be infringed. In the meantime I’ll be working with the tried-and-true gun rights organizations to see if we might be able to actually strengthen the rights for those of us who are responsible gun owners.
Licensing is by definition an infringement on our 2nd Amendment rights. Someone needs to by Bonnen a Legal Dictionary.

Topic author
DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DynamicDan »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:23 pm
It was a Tshirt that he was wearing. Man that is really intimidating, almost as good as kids drawing pictures of guns and being punished.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

DynamicDan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:25 pm
mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:23 pm
It was a Tshirt that he was wearing. Man that is really intimidating, almost as good as kids drawing pictures of guns and being punished.
That does not answer the question. Why are people saying his wife said he had a gun with him? Not saying she didn't but just curious where that's came from.

Topic author
DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DynamicDan »

She didn't she was talking about his Tshirt. It evolved into an actual gun, like so many stories that get passed around.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

DynamicDan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:38 pm She didn't she was talking about his Tshirt. It evolved into an actual gun, like so many stories that get passed around.
Oh, so a lot of people aren't telling the truth about what she said?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

DynamicDan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:38 pm She didn't she was talking about his Tshirt. It evolved into an actual gun, like so many stories that get passed around.
Triggered by an article of clothing? Like the people who get upset seeing MAGA hats?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

canvasbck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by canvasbck »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:58 pm
Oh, so a lot of people aren't telling the truth about what she said?
Actually, Dennis Bonnen himself claimed that McNutt was "flashing a gun" around when visiting local legislator's district offices. He made that claim during an interview for Lubbock radio host Chad Hasty. McNutt denies that he was armed when visiting any of the district offices.

If the NAGR camp is claiming that Bonnen's wife said that, then I have a problem with them lying just as I have a problem with the Texas Speaker of the House lying about his contacts with McNutt.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”