EU: Jewish group asks EU to allow Jews to carry guns for protection

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

EU: Jewish group asks EU to allow Jews to carry guns for protection

Post by philip964 »

https://freebeacon.com/national-securit ... ying-guns/

When you rely on government for your protection.

Switzerland just voted to end their personal responsibility for their security.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: EU: Jewish group asks EU to allow Jews to carry guns for protection

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, said that while guns could help Jews defend themselves against an individual attack, only authorities can protect them against a mass attack like those carried out in France.
The Rabbi should stick to what he knows IMHO.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:39 pm
Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, said that while guns could help Jews defend themselves against an individual attack, only authorities can protect them against a mass attack like those carried out in France.
The Rabbi should stick to what he knows IMHO.
:iagree:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

It seems like a pretty sizable group of Jews decided that Rabbi Cooper's worldview was obsolete on or before April of 1945 and have thereafter acted accordingly. They don't pledge to never allow themselves to be slaughtered during a concerted effort to eradicate their people; they pledge to never allow it AGAIN. That doesn't seem to have happened in the US.

Many groups could be forgiven for an inability to imagine an existential threat to their people, culture and faith. I don't see how a Jew could make that error. I remember believing that anti-Semitism had died out as an ideology during the 1940s until I was 18. I was the student council president, and a thick package arrived addressed to the school, attention "student council president" from some PO Box in North Carolina. It was the last period, and I had already taken my Government AP test so I didn't really care about the lectures at that point. The letter seemed odd so I opened it, and found a giant mass of "literature" covering every anti semitic stereotype that existed. It started with pages on how the Holocaust never happened and then branched out into how some grand Jewish conspiracy was behind everything from high interest rates to low interest rates to wars to bad breath. I didn't get much farther, but I didn't really need to. I handed it to my teacher at the end of class, but I doubt anything ever came of that as it didn't really have a return address.

I guess it is possible for people to be so sheltered that they don't believe that there are people who hate Jews to the point of wishing that Hitler had killed them all. It must be, because before that day I didn't think that such people still existed. But they do, and they're smart enough not to advertise their opinions. I know that BitterClinger spends a lot more time than I do trying to convince Jews to carry, but I don't think that he is any more frustrated than I am by their near global refusal to do so.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I am in absolute agreement with everything posted so far, but I just noted that this article is almost 4-1/2 years old.
BY: Adam Kredo
January 15, 2015 5:00 am
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 pm I am in absolute agreement with everything posted so far, but I just noted that this article is almost 4-1/2 years old.
So I guess, though, not surprised, that the answer was no?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 pm I am in absolute agreement with everything posted so far, but I just noted that this article is almost 4-1/2 years old.
Sorry again. It sounded so current, I didn't even think to look. It will have to be the second thing I look at when I see something.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”