Kay Jewelers store manager no longer employed after keeping on-duty deputy from picking up ring

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Kay Jewelers store manager no longer employed after keeping on-duty deputy from picking up ring

Post by Vol Texan »

https://www.wxii12.com/amp/article/sher ... d/27758725

The idiocy of these libs is boundless. In this rare instance the company made the right decision for the deputy. It would be better for all if they would eradicate the ‘no gun’ culture altogether.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kay Jewelers store manager no longer employed after keeping on-duty deputy from picking up ring

Post by K.Mooneyham »

While I find it quite ignorant of the manager to keep the deputy out, I wouldn't do business with Kay even after said manager had her employment terminated. Seems that, according to the 30.06 site, Kay's likes to post their businesses to keep LTCers out...well, I'll certainly follow the law, and stay out, and they won't get any of my money.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Re: Kay Jewelers store manager no longer employed after keeping on-duty deputy from picking up ring

Post by Vol Texan »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:35 am While I find it quite ignorant of the manager to keep the deputy out, I wouldn't do business with Kay even after said manager had her employment terminated. Seems that, according to the 30.06 site, Kay's likes to post their businesses to keep LTCers out...well, I'll certainly follow the law, and stay out, and they won't get any of my money.
Agreed! Go to your local custom jeweler instead...like Mrs. VolTexan’s place :cool:
In her store you can talk about diamonds AND guns with the actual jeweler - and you can bet she’s carrying!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Yep.. As I posted some time back. Jarod's in Frisco lost a very nice purchase because of their 30.06 / 07 signs... I was quite happy to go 1/2 mile down the road to another jewelry store and spend my money...

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:47 am Yep.. As I posted some time back. Jarod's in Frisco lost a very nice purchase because of their 30.06 / 07 signs... I was quite happy to go 1/2 mile down the road to another jewelry store and spend my money...
You mean he didn't go to Jared's? :biggrinjester:

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I can't help but believe that some how these people think they are preventing an armed robbery by posting their .06 and .07 signs, they think that criminals obey a printed sign!
All they get is a Murder Zone!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:37 am I can't help but believe that some how these people think they are preventing an armed robbery by posting their .06 and .07 signs, they think that criminals obey a printed sign!
All they get is a Murder Zone!
Very True.. but then when did the left ever think rationally..

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Some jewelers are just too dumb to be in business...
024512DE-E37B-44E9-8087-470C77B1C5AE.jpeg
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:59 am Some jewelers are just too dumb to be in business...

024512DE-E37B-44E9-8087-470C77B1C5AE.jpeg
Agreed. Last jewelry I purchased from my wife came from James Avery. Purchased online, picked up in store while CC. When she takes her wedding bands to Zales to be inspected (purchased before I moved to Texas!), I always stand outside the store.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor

Post by rotor »

I don't know all the details from the article but it sounds like the manager may have been following Kay policy. It was an easy scapegoat to fire the manager after a social media notation. So Kay Jewelers has an anti-gun policy, the manager follows orders and gets fired. Kay Jewelers then looks good. Not to me.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

rotor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 pm I don't know all the details from the article but it sounds like the manager may have been following Kay policy. It was an easy scapegoat to fire the manager after a social media notation. So Kay Jewelers has an anti-gun policy, the manager follows orders and gets fired. Kay Jewelers then looks good. Not to me.
:iagree: No need to fire the guy IMO. Someone posted a copy of the policy and it doesn't not exempt peace officers from carrying inside the store.
I am sure that the former manager would change his behavior if the owners reminded him of the correct policy.
Last edited by WildBill on Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

ELB

Post by ELB »

WildBill wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:12 pm
rotor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 pm I don't know all the details from the article but it sounds like the manager may have been following Kay policy. It was an easy scapegoat to fire the manager after a social media notation. So Kay Jewelers has an anti-gun policy, the manager follows orders and gets fired. Kay Jewelers then looks good. Not to me.
:iagree: No need to fire the guy IMO. I am sure that the former manager would change his behavior if the owners reminded him of the correct policy.
Given the ludicrousness of this incident, the manager may have already had a track record of midjudgment and keeping the cop out was the boulder that broke the camel's back.
USAF 1982-2005

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

ELB wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:38 pm
:iagree: No need to fire the guy IMO. I am sure that the former manager would change his behavior if the owners reminded him of the correct policy.
Given the ludicrousness of this incident, the manager may have already had a track record of midjudgment and keeping the cop out was the boulder that broke the camel's back.
Raise school kids with a 0 tolerance policy towards weapons and no understanding of the law and this is exactly the result you get: Misinformed mindless zealots who will enforce "company policy" without any critical thinking.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I disagree. Any retail manager who refuses entry of a LEO in uniform needs to be removed from the company immediately! As someone with almost 20 years in retail senior management any and all LEOs are always welcome. This store manager was an ignorant idiot who took the "no guns" policy to the wrong extreme.
:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

This reminds me of that viral video from not too long ago, where the guy behind the counter at a vaping shop goes ape-poopy at a customer and orders him to leave the store....because he was wearing something like a MAGA hat, or a t-shirt that is not snowflaketocracy-approved. I won’t embed it here due to use-of-language concerns, but the YouTube address is https://youtu.be/fvFlrnymW_o. The clerk really brought out his inner little girl for all to see. He was fired too. When are the denizens of the fever swamp going to learn that you can’t treat customers like crap just because you disagree with their politics, and hope escape the consequences. EVEN IF the employee is not fired by management, the business will suffer when the word gets out that it’s staffed by crazies, and then the layoffs and maybe even closures begin.

SO much butthurt. So little brains.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”