Waller County Courthouse

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Overthehill
Posts in topic: 1

Waller County Courthouse

Post by Overthehill »

Does anyone know what has become of the Attorney General's case against Waller County for illegal posting of the courthouse? Was supposed to be tried in Travis County but I cannot find anything further concerning the case.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Waller County Courthouse

Post by ELB »

I can't either, and the AG's office will not talk about a case that is pending, hasn't been decided. (I've tried).

However I can offer free speculation! :mrgreen:

The case against Austin for banning carry in their City Hall has been decided at the trial court level and the City of Austin was hit with a $9000 fine. I don't know, and probably nobody else does either, if they will appeal. If they do I suspect the OAG will want to focus all its effort on the appeal, and not have to spend resources also trying the Waller case. The OAG has written a number of "cure letters" to county courts that it believes are in violation of the law, but noted in those letters that it was holding off on enforcement while other litigation (the Austin case) was in progress.

I believe that if the Austin case goes to appeal and is settled one way or the other, it will serve as a precedent. Of course either side could appeal the Appeals Court decision to the SCOTEX. So I think everybody (OAG, Waller, all the other county courthouses) are waiting for the Austin case to be finally settled.
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”