If guns are a right, then they should be Federally funded.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

If guns are a right, then they should be Federally funded.

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/taxpayer-funded- ... 12664.html

Biden has flipped and now favors Federal funding for abortions.

This author takes it another step and since guns are a right they should be federally funded. After all a $600 Glock might be a weeks pay for someone making the $15 minimum wage Bernie wants.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: If guns are a right, then they should be Federally funded.

Post by crazy2medic »

Can you imagine the whining and complaining if the courts ordered the Fed Govt to purchase every American that wants one an AR15!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm Can you imagine the whining and complaining if the courts ordered the Fed Govt to purchase every American that wants one an AR15!
Just pay for ammo for me would be good.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Jago668 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:53 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm Can you imagine the whining and complaining if the courts ordered the Fed Govt to purchase every American that wants one an AR15!
Just pay for ammo for me would be good.
Wow, great idea.

Range ammo part of regulated militia.

Part of defense department budget. Why no country would want to invade us by force. Could use up some of the ammo Obama stockpiled.

They want us to be marksmen, right?

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

What am I missing? Abortions are not Constitutionally protected in the Bill of Rights. If abortions are legal, it is because they are legislated.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

montgomery wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 pm What am I missing? Abortions are not Constitutionally protected in the Bill of Rights. If abortions are legal, it is because they are legislated.
I was thinking the same apple vs oranges thing myself.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Don T

Post by Don T »

montgomery wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 pm What am I missing? Abortions are not Constitutionally protected in the Bill of Rights. If abortions are legal, it is because they are legislated.
What you are missing is the 1973 case of Roe v. Wade, in which the Supreme Court held that abortion is a constitutionally protected right, even though neither a right to abortion nor a right to privacy is mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Don T wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm
What you are missing is the 1973 case of Roe v. Wade, in which the Supreme Court held that abortion is a constitutionally protected right, even though neither a right to abortion nor a right to privacy is mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.
Probably semantics, but there is a difference between a court opinion that can be challenged and decided based on political ideology and a right that is spelled out in the Bill of Rights. The difference is implicit vs implied opinion. Roe v Wade is case law - and that falls into the legislated category of my original post.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Which is duly pointed out in the linked article. The thrust of the article is that if the Dems would choke on providing funding for the enumerated right to bear arms, how much more ludicrous is it that they want to fund a “right” found nowhere in the body nor amendments of the Constitution, but only in the warped minds of a long superseded SCOTUS.
USAF 1982-2005

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

No “government” regardless of its founding documents should be requiring tax paying citizens to fund the murder of other’s children.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” - John Adams

It could be argued that the Democratic platform is incompatible with the Constitution’s intended moral and religious people.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”