The city of Southmayd.

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
bubba84
Posts in topic: 10

Re: The city of Southmayd.

Post by bubba84 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Captain Ferguson with the AG’s office has confirmed receipt of the complaint, the proof the city was notified, and the photos. An assistant AG is reviewing.

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DynamicDan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm

I think if a government entity wants to post signs they should do the proper research before they post them. Then these situations would never happen.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 am

DynamicDan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm
I think if a government entity wants to post signs they should do the proper research before they post them. Then these situations would never happen.
I like to go a step further, city submits a layout of the building to be posted along with photos, and the State decides if the building can be posted or what area of the building can be posted, the State issues the proper number of signs, bills the city $100 per sign and the city must renew every four years, must resubmit plans and photos following any remodelling!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:20 am

crazy2medic wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 am
DynamicDan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 pm
I like to go a step further, city submits a layout of the building to be posted along with photos, and the State decides if the building can be posted or what area of the building can be posted, the State issues the proper number of signs, bills the city $100 per sign and the city must renew every four years, must resubmit plans and photos following any remodelling!
Very similar to what any entity, that wants to be permitted by the TABC must do. I think something like this could work. It would avoid, having to go through the hassles of having the AG office investigating complaints, the city/county would have documentation showing that they are in compliance, and tax payer funded lawsuits could be avoided.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:47 am

Exactly! :thumbs2: :txflag:
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention

Schleprock
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Schleprock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:27 am

Ellis County now allows open carry insi ... courthouse

From the article, carry, concealed or open, inside the courtroom remains prohibited.
05/04/12 Plastic in hand (52 days MTM)

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”