Sam’s Club WiFi blocking gun forums

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Sam’s Club WiFi blocking gun forums

Post by oohrah »

DynamicDan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 pm I went Sam's Club today they just prohibit unlicensed firearms.

That's probably the required TABC Blue sign for package alcohol sales.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:47 pm
carlson1 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 pm At one time Sam’s had in the contract you signed for their club no firearms.
Costco is the same. If I don’t see a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, then I didn’t receive notice.
Interesting... never seen a sign or a statement in a Sam's store or contract (member since before CHL was a thing) The few Costco's I've visited were posted. (although I haven't been in one in many years now)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

flechero wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm
carlson1 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:09 pm At one time Sam’s had in the contract you signed for their club no firearms.
Costco is the same. If I don’t see a 30.06 or 30.07 sign, then I didn’t receive notice.
Interesting... never seen a sign or a statement in a Sam's store or contract (member since before CHL was a thing) The few Costco's I've visited were posted. (although I haven't been in one in many years now)
The one I go to has a TABC sign, but no 06/07 signs. But what I was referring to is the language in the membership agreement. I haven’t read it in a while, but it used to say words to the effect that Costco does not permit firearms carry in their stores, and that’s part of what you agreed to when you signed the membership form.

I don’t care. I’m carrying into Costco unless they post 06/07 signage. For that matter, although I let my SAM'S membership expire this year, I don’t care what the fine print that I can’t see anyway says. If they post 06/07 signs, I’ll stay out (and shop at Costco).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:02 pm
The one I go to has a TABC sign, but no 06/07 signs. But what I was referring to is the language in the membership agreement. I haven’t read it in a while, but it used to say words to the effect that Costco does not permit firearms carry in their stores, and that’s part of what you agreed to when you signed the membership form.

I don’t care. I’m carrying into Costco unless they post 06/07 signage. For that matter, although I let my SAM'S membership expire this year, I don’t care what the fine print that I can’t see anyway says. If they post 06/07 signs, I’ll stay out (and shop at Costco).
I have often wondered what they would do if before signing the membership contract you drew a line through that part of the contract and then signed it!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

Or you could go the self entertainment route, when he ask if you have a license, you ask why do you ask? When he States or points out you have a gun, you look at the gun on your hip and then run around for several minutes in mock dismay saying over and over "oh my god, oh my god"
Just throwing out ideas!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

You’re probably blocked by their proxy/web gateway content filtering that is meant usually for employee block only, by corporate policy. Either way, it’s their house and they are providing that service. Regardless how I feel about it, it’s their right.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”