TX: San Antonio Fogo de Chao kicks out cop, apologizes

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: San Antonio Fogo de Chao kicks out cop, apologizes

Post by SewTexas »

my understanding from the discussions around here, is "soft uniform" basically seems to be open carry? with a badge showing. The second problem around here, to the the treatment of the officer, was that the manager didn't ask the officer to cover, he wanted him to leave or take the gun out. Also, there is a rumor that the mayor owns the restaurant...not sure if that's true....
there are other Brazilian places that are better and a bit cheaper.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The one nearest me is not posted. They do have a cute little sign that mentions something about guns, but clearly does not intend to ban them since it does not comply with the legal requirements for doing so.

Since this is an all you can eat place, it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone came in, ate a bunch, then tucked their shirt in. Asking one to leave means that they cannot also charge you, since they are refusing to provide you with any more food, right?

Also, at least in the San Antonio location they couldn't call the police if they disagreed, since they apparently don't want even on-duty cops to carry weapons there. I guess they could demand that the dispatcher send only unarmed LEO's and see how far that gets them :banghead:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

crazy2medic wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:57 pm
JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 pm And who did the manager plan to call if the officer had declined to leave? "rlol" :smilelol5: :totap: :shock: :biggrinjester:
I think if I'd had been that officer I would have encouraged the manager to call the police, just to see what happened!
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Obviously the office was trying to deescalate the situation and not antagonize the idiot. My feeling is that most idiots never get to step two in a thought train (What if?) Especially so if said idiot is trying to flaunt some meager authority.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 pm my understanding from the discussions around here, is "soft uniform" basically seems to be open carry? with a badge showing. The second problem around here, to the the treatment of the officer, was that the manager didn't ask the officer to cover, he wanted him to leave or take the gun out. Also, there is a rumor that the mayor owns the restaurant...not sure if that's true....
I believe the "soft uniform", based upon observance of officers wearing them, is a polo shirt with badge embroidered on it, duty pistol openly carried and badge attached to the belt in plain view. An officer so attired may or may not be "on duty."

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:15 pm
SewTexas wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 pm my understanding from the discussions around here, is "soft uniform" basically seems to be open carry? with a badge showing. The second problem around here, to the the treatment of the officer, was that the manager didn't ask the officer to cover, he wanted him to leave or take the gun out. Also, there is a rumor that the mayor owns the restaurant...not sure if that's true....
I believe the "soft uniform", based upon observance of officers wearing them, is a polo shirt with badge embroidered on it, duty pistol openly carried and badge attached to the belt in plain view. An officer so attired may or may not be "on duty."
One would think they would want and welcome such a person in the restaurant. It would help to deter a bad guy. The person who ask him to leave should be fired for ignorance.

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

narcissist wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:28 am When visiting Bexar county checking out the Alamo, river walk ect. My family and myself ate there and I wouldn't recommend the food. The main reason I remembered that particular restaurant was the Giant rat running around in the Bathroom.
I have eaten at that particular Fogo several times, and I was armed every time. I don't recall any signs...nor rats. I do recall the bathroom because it was impressively nice and clean the times I was there.
USAF 1982-2005

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

narcissist wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:28 am When visiting Bexar county checking out the Alamo, river walk ect. My family and myself ate there and I wouldn't recommend the food. The main reason I remembered that particular restaurant was the Giant rat running around in the Bathroom.
That was the Mayor... "rlol"
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:smilelol5:

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

We actually had dinner there with our wedding party the night before our wedding back in 2009. Seemed ok back then. But I agree, Texas de Brazil is better.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:59 pm
One would think they would want and welcome such a person in the restaurant. It would help to deter a bad guy. The person who ask him to leave should be fired for ignorance.
I wish that would happen, too, but I've come to believe that too many businesses would completely sacrifice their business to uphold their "principles." On the surface, that would seem like a good thing. But underlying it is, I believe, the same mentality as a woman that I talked to who admitted that she would rather allow herself to be raped or killed than to defend herself with deadly force. I don't believe that she is alone. Those in business who abhor guns so much that they will eject a police officer with one have the same mindset as the woman regarding the safety of the employees and customers. They don't view their attitude as ignorance. A local Sprouts Farmers Market store was held up at gunpoint a week or so after they posted their 30.06 signs. Letters to the local manager and the corporate headquarters, which appears to be staffed by liberal loons, were answered with the phrase "the safety of our customers." Clearly, they believe that law abiding Texans pose more of a threat than the criminals. I believe that Sprouts would close their doors before allowing armed LTCs on their property. Given the mentality toward law enforcement in many areas today, I'm not sure that places like Sprouts don't view them the same.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

SickSilverado

Post by SickSilverado »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:08 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:59 pm
I wish that would happen, too, but I've come to believe that too many businesses would completely sacrifice their business to uphold their "principles." On the surface, that would seem like a good thing. But underlying it is, I believe, the same mentality as a woman that I talked to who admitted that she would rather allow herself to be raped or killed than to defend herself with deadly force. I don't believe that she is alone. Those in business who abhor guns so much that they will eject a police officer with one have the same mindset as the woman regarding the safety of the employees and customers. They don't view their attitude as ignorance. A local Sprouts Farmers Market store was held up at gunpoint a week or so after they posted their 30.06 signs. Letters to the local manager and the corporate headquarters, which appears to be staffed by liberal loons, were answered with the phrase "the safety of our customers." Clearly, they believe that law abiding Texans pose more of a threat than the criminals. I believe that Sprouts would close their doors before allowing armed LTCs on their property. Given the mentality toward law enforcement in many areas today, I'm not sure that places like Sprouts don't view them the same.
I've read/seen/heard that same thinking concerning being raped, beaten, or killed before defending themselves. I don't understand it. I saw a "snowflake" on youtube admit that if he were attacked that he would neither defend himself nor have anyone defend him. I'm just not that in touch with my inner ZEN or whatever to allow that. I also personally know a woman who said she'd "take one for the team" if faced with the threat of death or robbery. She said she'd offer her goods ASAP. Not making this up, this moron used to drop some real gems.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”