A (non) shooting at Memorial City Mall

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

A (non) shooting at Memorial City Mall

Post by Vol Texan »

About an hour ago Mrs. Vol Texan’s social media exploded about a shooting at the local mall (about 8 minutes from home).

Good news, it was not a shooting, but the rapid escalation of hysteria flooding into her phone was a sign of the times:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox26h ... -city-mall
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A (non) shooting at Memorial City Mall

Post by SQLGeek »

Yeesh. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Saw on the news an elderly woman crying as she described someone running into a movie theater at the mall and telling people to run because of a shooter. That's terrible, can't imagine what the people thought.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... l-incident

Person of interest in Memorial City non shooting.

Person is important word here. Guy or Gal? Or guy transitioning to gal or the reverse. Gender fluid?

Doug.38PR

Post by Doug.38PR »

Memorial City Mall, I thought, was still one if the last nice good malls in Houston.
3 years ago I took my wife to The Galleria mall telling her what a great place it was. Dropped her and her mom off and she called me within 15 minutes and told me to come get her because she didn’t feel safe.
I went back and went in to find her and it was like a run down third world marketplace in there. Stores were garbage, the ice rink was boarded up. I was shocked.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Last time I ate at the Memorial City food court a little boy had lost his parents and was just standing in an aisle crying. He was helped by many strangers, finally security came. An announcement was made over the mall PA.

Waiting waiting. Nothing.

I read in the news the little boy had been abandoned.

I never ate there again.

The mall tries hard. But like shootings, it's not the gun it's the people.

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I generally despise malls, but as malls go, this one is pretty good.

The only 3006 signs I know of are on the American Girl doll store (thank God, because Li’l Miss VolTexan is my cohort in scouting signs for www.texas3006.com and she never asked to go in for that reason!), and the place is well maintained.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I don't even understand the purpose of Malls, If I can't get it at Target, Sam's Club, Acadamy, HEB or Amazon, I have to wonder if it's really needed. I haven't been to the local mall in over 10 years and I still manage to spend my money. They say that Acadamy is killing the malls, Is this a bad thing? Last time I was there (BayBrook), The place was infested with pink and green haired creatures with more metal inserted them than what's in my Honda.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”