NRA Hammered on Fox

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Hammered on Fox

Post by howdy »

Steve Hilton on the "Revolution" just did a scathing report on Wayne LaPierre. It was all about his big home, travel expenses and clothing expenses. The left will surely jump on this.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA Hammered on Fox

Post by Scott B. »

It's not the left we need to worry about because they really can't hate the NRA any more than they already do.

It's the membership and those who would like to support the NRA that our nations oldest gun rights organization needs to worry about.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Was it the NRA hammered or Wayne LaPierre? One is an organization consisting of its members, the other is an employee of the organization.

And the leftist media has been hammering the LaPierre travel and clothing expenses story for weeks already.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The Wall Street Journal has reported this and I don't consider them a left wing paper. Does not look good.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Divide and Conquer tactic. I'm not falling for it. I stand with the NRA
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

The NRA's enemies are always out to get it. That doesn't mean there aren't kernels of truth in what's been reported.

The argument 'trust us' doesn't work so well in this era. Folks have been failed by too many institutions that we can all name, churches - charities - governments. How to spot a floundering campaign or country, it's the one shouting "ignore the media." That's a little too much like a collapsing communist state screaming 'ignore the imperialists', 'don't listen to the western broadcasts', 'rock n roll and bluejeans are a CIA plot,' right before crashing into the dustbin of history.

The new 1st VP gives me hope. But there may be some harsh medicine required. NRA can try to spin eye popping lifestyle expenditures all it wants, but the guy buying his membership year-to-year isn't going to buy it.

We need a strong NRA moving into a critical decade. More Warren Buffett frugality and less la noblesse.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am Was it the NRA hammered or Wayne LaPierre? One is an organization consisting of its members, the other is an employee of the organization.

And the leftist media has been hammering the LaPierre travel and clothing expenses story for weeks already.
If it was Mark Maremont, he's a hit man for the WSJ.

Chas.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:53 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 am Was it the NRA hammered or Wayne LaPierre? One is an organization consisting of its members, the other is an employee of the organization.

If it was Mark Maremont, he's a hit man for the WSJ.

Chas.
You are correct, it was articles by Mark Maremount.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Steve Hilton's wife worked for both Facebook and Google....and in my book that goes a long ways toward discounting his "reporting" which is basically rehashing what has been reported previously by Bloomberg's The Trace.

Foxnews is moving leftward since Murdoch's progressive son took over. Eventually "fair and balanced" is going to end up as fake as CNN.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

Foxnews is moving leftward since Murdoch's progressive son took over. Eventually "fair and balanced" is going to end up as fake as CNN.
I have noticed this also and thought the same reason.

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

I certainly believe that the NRA has some internal issues that must be resolved, but I also believe that it is still the best organization at the national level working to preserve gun rights at this time.

I upped my membership last week from Life to Endowment. We need to stand together and not get caught up in the squabbling.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I dare say that no NRA members waver in their support of the NRA. However, their support of Wayne LaPierre is not the same thing. I for one do not know what to think. But if even half the allegations against LaPierre are true, our contributions to the NRA have not all been spent for the purpose they were intended.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 pm I dare say that no NRA members waver in their support of the NRA. However, their support of Wayne LaPierre is not the same thing. I for one do not know what to think. But if even half the allegations against LaPierre are true, our contributions to the NRA have not all been spent for the purpose they were intended.
When all of this started with the NRA I jumped my membership to Endowment Member. I now worry about the money I contribute from time to time if I should continue until this gets ironed out.

I sure know we need the NRA to be in top shape soon.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm

I have noticed this also and thought the same reason.
:iagree: It was bad enough when they hired Marie Harf and Jessica Tarlov. Now that they have Donna Brazile, things have gone further down hill. Bob Beckel was intolerable and Juan Williams is getting that way.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Lynyrd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 pm I dare say that no NRA members waver in their support of the NRA. However, their support of Wayne LaPierre is not the same thing. I for one do not know what to think. But if even half the allegations against LaPierre are true, our contributions to the NRA have not all been spent for the purpose they were intended.
None of the allegations are true. Remember, these claims are being spewed by Ackerman McQueen that is being sued by the NRA. Why would AckMac do that? To try to take the focus off of them and hopefully get rid of LaPierre. They they hope to select his successor so the lawsuit will be dropped. AckMac is terrified the truth is going to come out.

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”