'People are on edge': Mass violence threats – at least 30 in 18 states – have surged since El Paso, Dayton - USA Today

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

'People are on edge': Mass violence threats – at least 30 in 18 states – have surged since El Paso, Dayton - USA Today

Post by oljames3 »

O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks

Re: 'People are on edge': Mass violence threats – at least 30 in 18 states – have surged since El Paso, Dayton - USA Tod

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The libtards are making me crazy playing up "white masculinity". I suppose we should all wear skinny jeans. They are using the terminology to create some kind of self guilt if we stand up for ourselves or what we believe in. I am personally sick of it all.

SQLGeek

Re: 'People are on edge': Mass violence threats – at least 30 in 18 states – have surged since El Paso, Dayton - USA Tod

Post by SQLGeek »

You'd think this would turn a light on in people's heads that this isn't a gun problem. Mentally sick people want attention and have found the way to get it.

I bet the media loves trotting out the line "back-to-back massacres".

They keep pointing the finger at gun owners and gun rights activists for being the cause of these problems. When do they look at themselves and the hysteria they generate in their own reporting?
Psalm 91:2

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

SQLGeek wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:29 am You'd think this would turn a light on in people's heads that this isn't a gun problem. Mentally sick people want attention and have found the way to get it.

I bet the media loves trotting out the line "back-to-back massacres".

They keep pointing the finger at gun owners and gun rights activists for being the cause of these problems. When do they look at themselves and the hysteria they generate in their own reporting?
Easy answer there. Never!!! :fire :fire :fire
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Some people ARE on edge -- due largely to the fear mongering media and the divisiveness that "sells". One can hardly hear or see a "news" story these days without getting hit with an us-or-them argument, typically one-sided against the anti-Progressives, aka Right-Wing Deplorables. This has reached the point where demonization and de-humanization of people that have different opinions is the norm. I fully believe there are threats -- and acts -- of violence taking place these days that are driven primarily by this pervasive divisiveness, which is largely being used by Progressive elements to dismantle individual Liberty and our Republic.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

striker55

Post by striker55 »

The "copycat" syndrome. People want their claim to fame, even if it's bad.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

striker55 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:48 am The "copycat" syndrome. People want their claim to fame, even if it's bad.
This is why the MSM should never use the BG's name, deny them the publicity they seek!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Middle Age Russ wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:54 am Some people ARE on edge -- due largely to the fear mongering media and the divisiveness that "sells". One can hardly hear or see a "news" story these days without getting hit with an us-or-them argument, typically one-sided against the anti-Progressives, aka Right-Wing Deplorables. This has reached the point where demonization and de-humanization of people that have different opinions is the norm. I fully believe there are threats -- and acts -- of violence taking place these days that are driven primarily by this pervasive divisiveness, which is largely being used by Progressive elements to dismantle individual Liberty and our Republic.
Every day, week, month.. I keep pulling further and further back from watching national news, clicking on articles (especially political).... Even at this point, a mass shooting.. I give it 15 - 20 minutes of my time.... No, I'm not heartless... I just know it's going to be wash, rinse, repeat.... I deleted Yahoo from my bookmarks 6 months ago... I usually rely on my News360 app where I can block feeds from stories or sources I don't want to hear from... If there's any mass hysteria that I'm concerned about it's the possibility of a civil war.... And some 3rd party invading while we are at odds with one another... I'm slowly buckling down the hatches as best as I can within my financial, location and work, etc ability.....

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Kinda thinking out loud here.

I don't remember every single one of those on that list, but the only one I can think of that strikes me as being ridiculous is the CT one over the standard capacity mags incorrectly called large capacity mags.

Isn't the rest of that stuff mostly what we want to happen before something bad does happen? Am I missing something? A couple of those seemed like vague threats that might be difficult to prosecute, but don't you still have to have a few screws loose to even make those kinds of statements? I gotta be missing something. It's been a very long day for me and I've been out in the sun and heat quite a bit today, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not seeing something simple right in front of me at this point.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SickSilverado

Post by SickSilverado »

TEX 1961, I did the same thing. Yahoo news/feed was keeping me in a negative spiral. Constant bad, sad, painful, or infuriating news stories all day everyday. I stopped visiting that site a long time ago.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

I learned a long time ago that watching the news, any news for an extended period of time will leave you depressed eventually. I have the BBC news app on my phone, because it's mostly just the major news around the world without much commentating if any. I may watch the end of the national cbs evening news, but only because it's always a feel good story, and I appreciate that they do that. Other than that, the truth is the world moves on, even if your not heavily involved in it! I know my overall well being has improved since I quit Facebook a few years ago and quit watching the news talk shows all evening about 10 years ago. I encourage everyone to try to limit their exposure and replace that time with good fun activities, books, shows, etc. It will improve your life!

I'm not saying put your head in the sand, but honestly if you spend hours each day just hearing the same bad news over and over again, you will eventually be depressed!
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”