Texas Lt Gov calls for end to private gun sales?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Texas Lt Gov calls for end to private gun sales?

Post by Syntyr »

Apologies if I caught this wrong but I just tuned in to KTRH to listen to Rush and heard the interim news sound bites. One had Lt Gov Dan Patrick saying that the NRA needed to get right with the Governor and look at ending private gun sales loophole. In his own voice there was an audio recording saying we need to look at the private sales loophole. He says he is a gun owner and would never sell his gun to someone he didnt know.

Anyone else hear this? I have searched online and havent found a reference to it.

Not good.
No Compromise
No pre crime laws aka red flag laws
No universal back ground checks aka registration
No end to private sales
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

crazy2medic

Re: Texas Lt Gov calls for end to private gun sales?

Post by crazy2medic »

Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

:mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Good old Danny Goeb has lost my vote. What is with the "Republican" leadership? First Strauss 2.0 (Bonen) lying between his teeth about targeting other republicans in the primaries and now Patrick spouting off about essentially creating a gun registry? Do these politicians not understand that this is the kind of thing that really turns off their base and will get them voted OUT of office either through apathy or ticket splitting?

:waiting: :waiting:

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Wish they would quit calling it a loophole. Thats not what a loophole is at all.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I think every one of them (Republicans) currently in office, need to be primaried. Maybe not Cruz but every one else in my opinion needs to go.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

rm9792 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am Wish they would quit calling it a loophole. Thats not what a loophole is at all.
Exactly!

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

William Pitt the Younger in a November 1783 speech to the House of Commons: Necessity is “the plea for every infringement of human freedom,” he said. “It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.”

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

rm9792 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:45 am Wish they would quit calling it a loophole. Thats not what a loophole is at all.

Democrat dictionary: Loophole Syn: Freedom

Republicans need to reject the Dems' dictionary

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I am starting to have thoughts about the point at which I say, enough is enough and refuse to play the game. They are not going to ever talk me into walking in and surrendering my firearms.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

These career politicians don't care who shoots whom. All they care about is getting re-elected. The same goes for all the Betos, et al.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Syntyr wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:18 am Apologies if I caught this wrong but I just tuned in to KTRH to listen to Rush and heard the interim news sound bites. One had Lt Gov Dan Patrick saying that the NRA needed to get right with the Governor and look at ending private gun sales loophole. In his own voice there was an audio recording saying we need to look at the private sales loophole. He says he is a gun owner and would never sell his gun to someone he didnt know.

Anyone else hear this? I have searched online and havent found a reference to it.

Not good.
No Compromise
No pre crime laws aka red flag laws
No universal back ground checks aka registration
No end to private sales
This is a very good way for a Lt. Governor looking to move up to instead getting primaried out.

hondo44
Banned

Post by hondo44 »

but is is a loophole, one that allows retards like that kid that shot up that kindergarten a few years back to buy guns.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

I wonder if this would work on criminals... O that's right it wouldn't do nothing but further hurt the Law Abiding Citizens. Why is it we are always under attack and we haven't done anything wrong? Some people out there are so blind they don't see it and just agree with stupidity. Aka: Democrats
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

We will see in a year and a half when the Texas legislation meets again.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

hondo44 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:42 pm
but is is a loophole, one that allows retards like that kid that shot up that kindergarten a few years back to buy guns.
If you mean Sandy Hook, that was an elementary school. The killer used his mother’s guns to kill her and 26 others.

Even the anti-gun New York Times has to admit that "A vast majority of guns used in 19 recent mass shootings were bought legally and with a federal background check."
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... -guns.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”