Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano’s Challenge to Debate Gun Violence

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano’s Challenge to Debate Gun Violence

Post by flechero »

In know he sees this as a set up and i hope he is prepared for the absolute worst...

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Like bringing a melon baller to a gun-law fight.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm In know he sees this as a set up and i hope he is prepared for the absolute worst...
Harvard Law, clerk for Chief Justice Rehnquist, TX Solicitor General, proven ability to speak eloquently and think on his feet. etc.
Milanos only chance is to try and throw a lot of unsubstantiated facts and half truths around to confuse the audience.
Cruz is also good at refocusing on facts.

Looking forward to watching. Maybe a few Mom's Demand folks can be on stage too.?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Milano references scripture while cursing Cruz.

Before the discussion ever takes place we know which one will be courteous, civil and which will be wild eyed potty mouthed repeating talking points.

flechero

Post by flechero »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:34 pm
flechero wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:29 pm In know he sees this as a set up and i hope he is prepared for the absolute worst...
Harvard Law, clerk for Chief Justice Rehnquist, TX Solicitor General, proven ability to speak eloquently and think on his feet. etc.
Milanos only chance is to try and throw a lot of unsubstantiated facts and half truths around to confuse the audience.

Looking forward to watching. Maybe a few Mom's Demand folks can be on stage too.?
I know, but she will do that and be completely emotional, probably a lot of yelling too... she and her people know he's got a fair debate in the bag so i expect a bunch of crap to fly his way. The fact that she wants to live stream it is a huge red flag, suggesting shenanigans.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:42 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:34 pm

I know, but she will do that and be completely emotional, probably a lot of yelling too... she and her people know he's got a fair debate in the bag so i expect a bunch of crap to fly his way. The fact that she wants to live stream it is a huge red flag, suggesting shenanigans.
I'd suggest live streaming from Sen. Cruz's office with no one present except the two of them, cameras and camera operators.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I couldn't find where anybody had posted the "debate", so here it is. Not much of a debate. Alyssa did very little speaking, except to continually ask for a UBC. Ted Made good points, but I doubt it got through to her. It wasn't a surprise that she brought reinforcement to do her speaking for her.

Charlie

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Charlie

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DevilDawg »

She’s an idiot and ripe for a Red Flag call on her obvious mental issues. She admits to owning two guns in California for self-defense.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”