Would you support this gun private purchase restriction

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rajeev2liz
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Would you support this gun private purchase restriction

Post by rajeev2liz »

I don't like this one bit I understand what they trying to do but I strongly disagree.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

mrvmax wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:25 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:08 am
mrvmax wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:20 am When the constitution is changed then we can go with your suggestions, until then it violates our rights (and common sense). Your suggestions seem to show that you don’t fully understand the underlying issue and I don’t think it will make a dent in lowering gun crime. More laws will not stop the problem, we can remove every gun in our country and people will still use cutlery, vehicles, chemicals, airplanes etc.
Even if the Constitution is changed I will still have the right to keep and bear arms. God gave me that right, not man.
Well that depends on your definition of God and what God you are referring to. If you are Christian and adhere to the Bible you would be contradicting God’s law by disobeying our countries laws concerning firearms. Paul covered that in the book of Romans, I cannot speak for other religions.
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

mrvmax wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:20 am When the constitution is changed then we can go with your suggestions, until then it violates our rights (and common sense). Your suggestions seem to show that you don’t fully understand the underlying issue and I don’t think it will make a dent in lowering gun crime. More laws will not stop the problem, we can remove every gun in our country and people will still use cutlery, vehicles, chemicals, airplanes etc.
Even if the Constitution is changed I will still have the right to keep and bear arms. God gave me that right, not man.
Well that depends on your definition of God and what God you are referring to. If you are Christian and adhere to the Bible you would be contradicting God’s law by disobeying our countries laws concerning firearms. Paul covered that in the book of Romans, I cannot speak for other religions.
We, as citizens, and as Christians if you are a believer, are not required to obey unjust laws nor laws that go counter to natural law which is from God. Nowhere in scripture are we required to obey such laws. Our not complying with such laws might subject us to persecution by government or evil. Jesus told us blessed are you who are persecuted for His names sake.

God gave me my right to life and freedom. I am free to defend myself against any and all who choose to infringe on my freedom.

We should not be debating these things when the goal of the tyrants and communists are to subjugate all free men and destroy us.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 pm
We, as citizens, and as Christians if you are a believer, are not required to obey unjust laws nor laws that go counter to natural law which is from God. Nowhere in scripture are we required to obey such laws. Our not complying with such laws might subject us to persecution by government or evil. Jesus told us blessed are you who are persecuted for His names sake.

God gave me my right to life and freedom. I am free to defend myself against any and all who choose to infringe on my freedom.

We should not be debating these things when the goal of the tyrants and communists are to subjugate all free men and destroy us.
Romans 13 covers this subject of mans laws and it is clear. You can believe it or not but it doesn’t change what it states. If laws contradict scripture (like not telling others about Christ), that is our exemption. We see this in Acts when the Apostles were told not to evangelize. If you want to discuss PM me so we don’t derail this thread any more than it is.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

No

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I haven't read the entire thread, so my apologies if someone has already expressed this obvious thought.

If there is a problem, one, of many, things we should do is to consider implementing new laws to alleviate that problem. Any proposed new law needs to pass two simple tests.

1. Will the new law actually have a significant, positive, impact on the problem?

2. Is the significant positive impact of this proposed new law substantially greater than the amount of harm, if any, that will be a byproduct of that law?

The proposal in this thread does not pass either of these tests. It would do nothing to prevent a criminal from obtaining a firearm.

So the answer is "no".

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by narcissist »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:19 pm I understand “the shall not be infringed.”

Anyone notice the new article about Las Vegas, the guy left a note in the room, where he calculated the bullet drop to the concert across the street.
The Las Vegas shooting was not committed by the patsy "Steven Paddock" why would you need a bullet drop on a gun that was supposedly used with "bump stocks". You can't hit nothing let alone need the bullet drop trajectory.

It was one of the many steps they are using to try take away our freedom for Total Control. Or maybe someone needs to know the trajectory when at 25 yards you can't keep the bullet on target at all on a full size silhouette target with a bump stock?

Also tell me how do you shoot yourself in the head then the chest execution style without your survival instincts kicking in once the first shot is fired?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”