Gov. Abbott Issues Executive Orders

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Gov. Abbott Issues Executive Orders

Post by mojo84 »

Governor Abbott Issues Eight Executive Orders In Response To El Paso and Odessa Shootings
September 5, 2019 | Austin, Texas | Press Release
https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governo ... s_09052019

Note: Me sharing this link and information does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement or my opinion about its contents. It also does not constitute "publishing". If you do not like what is contained at the link, take it up with the Governor of Texas.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas

Re: Gov. Abbott Issues Executive Orders

Post by SewTexas »

I think I'm ok with this....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

These make sense.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I see nothing to be concerned about here. Seems like they are closing the intel gaps and facilitating sharing of pertinent info like after 9/11.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

flechero

What am I missing?

Post by flechero »

I must be slow. Weren't the majority of recent gunmen on the law enforcement radar already and were either overlooked or ignored?

I read a lot of words about assessing a threat, better reporting, working together, etc. But didn't see any action items to actually deal with a threat. :confused5 I fail to see how any of those 8 items would have stopped any shooting.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I see nothing there that infringes on my rights.
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

Order No. 8 Beginning January 1, 2020, all future grant awards from the Office of the Governor to counties shall require a commitment that the county will report at least 90 percent of convictions within seven business days to the Criminal Justice Information System at the Department of Public Safety. By January 1, 2021, such reporting must take place within five business days.
I know only the governor can truly say what he meant by this.
But as he’s not likely to tell me what the heck does that mean?
As I read it the implication is counties don’t currently report convictions that doesn’t sound right
Order number eight says they must report 90% of the convictions within a certain timeframe but it doesn’t say what happens if they don’t

And why 90% why not 100% and then on case-by-case basis when I county doesn’t meet that 100% decide if it’s an administrative error they can be corrected or a willful error or a willful act because they simply don’t wanna report some
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

I wish gov. Abbot would issue an order like "Starting immediately, no person in the state of Texas will lose their firearms or property without, due process, legal criminal charges that warrant such action or by anonymous reporting.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

twomillenium wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:57 pm I wish gov. Abbot would issue an order like "Starting immediately, no person in the state of Texas will lose their firearms or property without, due process, legal criminal charges that warrant such action or by anonymous reporting.
:iagree: That should be Executive Order # 9.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

narcissist

Re: What am I missing?

Post by narcissist »

flechero wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:29 pm I must be slow. Weren't the majority of recent gunmen on the law enforcement radar already and were either overlooked or ignored?

I read a lot of words about assessing a threat, better reporting, working together, etc. But didn't see any action items to actually deal with a threat. :confused5 I fail to see how any of those 8 items would have stopped any shooting.
I agree with you plus I believe it was Number 4 that can be used in a abuse sort of way.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

TexasSully

Post by TexasSully »

I am ok with most of these.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I feared worse. I can live with these.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I prefer my optics with red dots, not red flags. :grumble
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

hondo44
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hondo44 »

#4 is a straight up assault on the 2nd amendment and probably the 4th amendment as well. Most of these talking points were probably written by liberals in washington.
Chinese SKS, Yugo SKS, Romanian AK-74, Mossberg 500, Hi-Point 9mm carbine, Colt 2000 IWB

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

hondo44 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:33 pm #4 is a straight up assault on the 2nd amendment and probably the 4th amendment as well. Most of these talking points were probably written by liberals in washington.
I could not disagree with your statement more.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”