Youtube blacklists NRA and GOA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Youtube blacklists NRA and GOA

Post by Paladin »

Project Veritas released leaked Google documents in August which included a YouTube blacklist.

Hotlink for the Youtube blacklist

Blacklisted terms included:

nra
gun owners of america
texas
Santa Fe
austin
austin texas
austin tx
austin tx news
austin police news
austin news
texas shooting
shooting
tx shooting

as well as many other disturbing places and organizations.

I'm no lawyer, but shouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit if not a class action lawsuit?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

narcissist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Youtube blacklists NRA and GOA

Post by narcissist »

Didn't expect it so fast, guess they don't want the truth out there so no one would learn about the lies they spread. This isn't good people, it's getting close really close!! I can see men in blue helmets marching soon! Or I'm wrong?
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I went through the blacklist terms in the link. Here is my guess. The blacklist is what culls out traffic for further examination. The name of the Las Vegas shooter was in there with more than 20 permutations by including other words or spellings. I would expect them to then process the culled out items more carefully in an automated fashion or perhaps kick them to human eye review. I cannot imagine them blocking everything based on one of those terms being present. The term antifa was also there in quite a few versions.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

This article explains: Google/YouTube Rigged News and Video Results
The August 14 leak also explained how the “Twiddler” system lets Google/YouTube workers rank search results based upon what the companies want emphasized or de-emphasized. Most people using Google or Youtube statistically go to the first few results that pop up when they search for a topic.

Twiddler makes use of a list of keywords called the “YouTube Controversial Query Blacklist.” This list of flagged keywords will cause a video to be reviewed as for whether it should be promoted to the first page of search results, demoted, or possibly removed entirely.

The Twiddler Quick Start Guide explains to Google employees how to rank results such as how to “demote a result to the second page” and so on, or even hide them altogether.

…Google leaker Vorhies claimed that “Google is willfully committing violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act by leveraging their monopoly to grossly suppress information of a political nature in order to unduly influence. elections.” The example he cited was how Google has been accused of censoring Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard’s (D-HI) campaign in the critical hours after her first Democratic primary debate. Gabbard has responded by launching a $50 million lawsuit against Google.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Reserve lamppost space for the silicon valley oligarchs.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 am Project Veritas released leaked Google documents in August which included a YouTube blacklist.

Hotlink for the Youtube blacklist

I'm no lawyer, but shouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit if not a class action lawsuit?
Not a lawyer either but youtube is a private site and the words are not protected classes under federal law. As a group that seems to condemn overreaching govt regulations we have to accept this as par for the course. If they can force Youtube to host content then they can force Tx CHL forum to host liberal content we do not approve of.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”