Killeen Newspaper Poll

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#31

Post by Grayling813 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

flintknapper wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 pm
TxRVer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm
LDP wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:25 pm
I might be misunderstanding the meaning and intent of the poll.
We already have a MANDATORY universal background check for purchasing firearms. It goes through the FBI.
In which case, the poll makes 0 sense to me. And it seems a little biased with not exactly an exhaustive list of options for answers.
The UBC calls for a background check for ALL gun purchases, including private sales. Some people even want background checks if you loan a gun to a friend at a gun range.
^^^^ Correct.

Which would put an unnecessary and undue burden on Law Abiding gun owners. What needs to happen is for officials to swiftly and severely prosecute and sentence violators...using the gun laws already in place.
And the Dims are admitting that the only way Universal Background Checks will work is if there is Uniform Firearms Registration.
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
John F. Kennedy

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8263
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#32

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm
flintknapper wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:36 pm
TxRVer wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:29 pm
LDP wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:25 pm
I might be misunderstanding the meaning and intent of the poll.
We already have a MANDATORY universal background check for purchasing firearms. It goes through the FBI.
In which case, the poll makes 0 sense to me. And it seems a little biased with not exactly an exhaustive list of options for answers.
The UBC calls for a background check for ALL gun purchases, including private sales. Some people even want background checks if you loan a gun to a friend at a gun range.
^^^^ Correct.

Which would put an unnecessary and undue burden on Law Abiding gun owners. What needs to happen is for officials to swiftly and severely prosecute and sentence violators...using the gun laws already in place.
And the Dims are admitting that the only way Universal Background Checks will work is if there is Uniform Firearms Registration.
Funny how they are already trying to expand on universal background checks to sneak in registration and it has not yet even passed.


DynamicDan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#33

Post by DynamicDan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:24 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:01 pm
flintknapper wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:56 pm
https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/694290.pdf

ATF Referred about 13,000 Firearms Denials to Its Field Divisions for Investigation in Fiscal Year
2017, of Which USAOs Have Prosecuted 12 Cases.

Yep a whole twelve!

Might not hurt to tighten things up a little in this case.

Different than 'expanding' background checks....I understand. I am NOT for that, but it wouldn't hurt things to vigorously ENFORCE some of the gun laws we already have in place.
That is just unacceptable. Then the politicians say we need more laws that won't be enforced. Maybe less donuts and more enforcement work is in order.
The politicians want you to have no guns. How else are they going to run your life. They are just doing it by the inch. It is long past time to say no.

User avatar

flintknapper
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 4949
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#34

Post by flintknapper » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:05 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:11 pm
Grayling813 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 am
If the so called “loophole” is closed, the result will be that the likely minuscule number of criminals obtaining firearms at gun shows or from law abiding strangers would become even less. Criminals who are already selling firearms to other criminals are not going to start obeying another law.
It’s almost as if 40-50% of people have no ability to perform critical thinking anymore. Or are just too lazy and let politicians, the media, indoctrinators aka “educators” and activists do their thinking for them.

Just keep dolling out my free stuff and I’ll believe whatever you say. :banghead:
People want to feel safe. Making all the big bad guns go away is an easy tonic for them. Like turning the light in the closet on at night so your child will see their is no monster in there.
^^^^^

Or at least be able to see what KIND of Monster it is...........;)
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2378
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#35

Post by Flightmare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 pm

Can I post this to that poll?

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 9152
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#36

Post by Beiruty » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:44 am

Voted 4.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8263
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#37

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:48 am

I also voted 4. 3 and 4 seem like they could be listed together. Maybe the poll is attempting to drill down into the reasons people have. I agree with 3 and 4 equally though.

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 9152
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#38

Post by Beiruty » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am

2:1 against universal background check.
I would love to see would you surrender you AR/AK?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

TxRVer
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 627
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Red Oak

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#39

Post by TxRVer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am

Beiruty wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am
2:1 against universal background check.
I would love to see would you surrender you AR/AK?
That's getting a little personal.
Charlie

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 9152
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#40

Post by Beiruty » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:09 pm

TxRVer wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am
Beiruty wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am
2:1 against universal background check.
I would love to see would you surrender you AR/AK?
That's getting a little personal.
Ah, I just wanted to refute Beto Gonzales that no, Texans are not giving up a pin of a firearm.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member


DynamicDan
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#41

Post by DynamicDan » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 pm

I, myself will not be giving up any weapons I might possess.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 8263
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#42

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:42 pm

DynamicDan wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:05 pm
I, myself will not be giving up any weapons I might possess.
I sold/lost all mine years ago.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#43

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:39 pm

I AM A COLLECTION POINT for anyone who wants to give em up
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#44

Post by jason812 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:29 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am
2:1 against universal background check.
I would love to see would you surrender you AR/AK?
:iagree: :txflag:

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 11050
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Killeen Newspaper Poll

#45

Post by Oldgringo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Killeen, TX, eh? Isn't that very near where that muslim guy in a U.S. Army officer's uniform killed a bunch of unarmed military people in/on Ft. Hood a few years ago? I wonder if that fanatic had any kind of background check?

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”