Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

Post by Grayling813 »

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... crime.html
Since 2015, residents of the state of Maine have been allowed to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit, and now the results are in: crime has fallen to the point where the state is now rated the safest in the nation from the threat of crime. The Maine Examiner reports:

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.
They can just never get it right, but keep repeating the same lies over and over.

Oldgringo

Re: Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

Post by Oldgringo »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime
Since 2015, residents of the state of Maine have been allowed to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit, and now the results are in: crime has fallen to the point where the state is now rated the safest in the nation from the threat of crime. The Maine Examiner reports:

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.
They can just never get it right, but keep repeating the same lies over and over.
Maine is one of the few states we've never visited but from my readings, I understand the population is sparse; i.e., not many metropolitan high crime areas.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I knew a guy whose Maine father in law ran a vending machine business.

During the summer his FIL's standard rant was "All those darned Canucks come down here and screw up my machines with their funny money!!"

The Canadians would use Canadian coins in his vending machines, and he was always having to deal with issues.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A city slicker from Boston was visiting in the giant piney woods of Northern Maine. He tried to make some small talk with the stereotypical laconic Mainer on the front porch of a small general store.

Boston: So, this is lumberjack country, huh?
Mainer: Uh-yeah.

Boston: So, I guess there's a lot of big men born around here?
Mainer: Nope, jest babies. :-)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Garrison Keillor, who used to host "Prairie Home Companion" out of St. Paul, Minnesota used to quip that excessively cold weather tended to flush out less hardy people, who would flee to southern states. He joked that the weather helped to keep the riff raff down.

Maine is in the same kind of cold weather boat as Minnesota.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Oldgringo wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:56 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:36 pm Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

Maine is one of the few states we've never visited but from my readings, I understand the population is sparse; i.e., not many metropolitan high crime areas.
^^^^

That and Lobster's don't really attack all that much.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

LOL, The gun grabbers never let facts or history get in the way of their authoritarianism.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”