After Virginia win, Bloomberg groups targeting Texas

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: After Virginia win, Bloomberg groups targeting Texas

Post by DevilDawg »

He has until Friday (tomorrow) to file in Alabama for the 2020 White House run. If he does then his funding for stupid groups like those will dry up quick.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Many Texans would see Texas turning blue as unlikely.

But a cold bucket of reality was thrown on us when we look how close Beto came to beating Cruz.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. Too many Californians are spoiling Texas.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

They are going to probably make good on it too. We're basically a purple state right now. O'rourke came what 3% away from winning the senate race. How many judges did we see go blue, and we had a congressional district flip blue, and zero flip red. They won't take the entire state, but they'll win some seats.
NRA Benefactor Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Jago668 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:37 pm They are going to probably make good on it too. We're basically a purple state right now. O'rourke came what 3% away from winning the senate race. How many judges did we see go blue, and we had a congressional district flip blue, and zero flip red. They won't take the entire state, but they'll win some seats.
I believe what I've been told - that we lost the Judges because of straight ticket voting for Beto. The implementation of stopping straight ticket voting was one election too late. But we do have it now and people are going to be forced to make individual race decisions or leave them blak to be decided by others.

Am I worried about losing Texas - emphatically yes. But it isn't because of the the outside money. It is because our Texas leadership has failed to address any of the voter fraud problems and because we might be outworked on door knocking. Beto nearly succeeded and dragged a lot of local races with him because there were a lot of boots on the ground. He produced a lot of new voters. Remember that our voting percentages are low - my local area was 10% in this past Tuesday's election and the election process almost couldn't handle even that volume. It wouldn't take a large percentage increase in voters to turn things blue. There are far too many people who simply refuse to engage and learn what is at stake. I hung door flyers on homes with registered Republicans who had voted in recent elections but not consistently. I was putting those flyers on 80-90% of the houses in some neighborhoods. I worked the polls. Less than 10% of those people showed up. We are victims of our own actions - or lack of them.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

I think after the Beto scare, more will come out to vote
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

There was a massive machine behind the fake Mexican. Massive out of state funding plus support from Big Tech targeting every likely voter. The carpet bagger machine will have a new stooge up and running next time. It's our mission to stop them.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Rural counties will keep Texas red.
Charlie

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Jago668 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:37 pm They are going to probably make good on it too. We're basically a purple state right now. O'rourke came what 3% away from winning the senate race. How many judges did we see go blue, and we had a congressional district flip blue, and zero flip red. They won't take the entire state, but they'll win some seats.
...and don't forget, Hillary got 44% of the Texas vote in 2016. Mostly urban voters, yes, but the bottom line is the bottom line. We're peering over the edge of the cliff.
-Ruark

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I vaguely remember, as a kid, Jimmy Carter telling everyone that America's best days were behind us, that we couldn't beat the Soviets (we'd just have to live with them controlling a lot of the world), and that the oil was running out and everyone needed to turn down the thermostat and put on a sweater. Don't get me wrong on this, I'm not saying that turning a blind eye to our problems will make them go away, but neither will a defeatist attitude. Leadership matters, and when it comes to the Second Amendment and more importantly, Texans' right to keep and bear arms, the members of this forum should be foremost among that leadership. Ronald Reagan had his fair share of problems, but at least he had the right attitude.

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DevilDawg »

Ruark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am
...and don't forget, Hillary got 44% of the Texas vote in 2016. Mostly urban voters, yes, but the bottom line is the bottom line. We're peering over the edge of the cliff.
The voting numbers for non-Democrat’s are embarrassingly low the last few election cycles. Look at some of the Houston area results”ts from just last week and in a metroplex of 8m + people barely 1.5m votes. We should thank all things holy that the Democrats can’t get anymore votes across the line than they have to date or we would already be deep blue.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

DevilDawg wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Ruark wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am
The voting numbers for non-Democrat’s are embarrassingly low the last few election cycles. Look at some of the Houston area results”ts from just last week and in a metroplex of 8m + people barely 1.5m votes. We should thank all things holy that the Democrats can’t get anymore votes across the line than they have to date or we would already be deep blue.
I agree with you. My worry is that young voters 18-22 decide to show up instead of getting high the night before and sleeping in all day. Them and the unmarried college educated women votes could make things close in 2020.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

5%, not 3% ... but yeah. Texas going blue is a REAL possibility, maybe even probable, which I’ve been pointing out for a while now. Our big cities are no better than big cities anywhere else, and as they grow, they grow democrat—just like they do in every other state in the Union. Are there even any republican-controlled big cities left anywhere in the country? I can’t think of any.

But the state of affairs is to some extent the GOP's own darn fault, for having failed to inspire voters to turn out. What is their failure of inspiration? It’s their failure to defend conservative ideals with the same iron inflexibility that the DNC defends their communistic goals, and their failure to promote and run strong candidates who are fighters and unapologetic so. And lastly, the Democrat Steno Pool (AKA “the media”) is committed to destroying the GOP in detail. Tribes everywhere on the planet, including our tribes right here, always back a strong horse. When the GOP acts weak, it loses followers. Very few Americans are left who prefer to either lead, or be strongly independent. They all want to follow, and are easily led. And people who are easily led follow the piper who promises them the most free shtuff.

It is the pull of free shtuff and the promise of an easy life in the big cities that draws people onto the Democrat urban plantation. And once they willingly accept the democrat chains in exchange for a few baubles and trinkets, they no longer have the spine to escape their slavery. Revelation 18:1-8 comes to mind.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Remember that all politics are local (at least at the start). Check out the TSRA alert about the Harris County Commissioners meeting for tomorrow (12 Nov). The County Commissioners will be discussing a resolution to DEMAND Universal Background Checks in Texas. For those living in Harris County, please let the County Commissioners know how YOU feel.

From Subject Received Size
Texas State Rifle Association Resolution Calling For Passage of Ban on Private Firearm Transfers Back on Harris County Commissioners' Agenda Sun 7:47 PM 77 KB
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”