TX: anti gun New Yorker moves here

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

TX: anti gun New Yorker moves here

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks

Re: TX: anti gun New Yorker moves here

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Definition of a yankee(leftist): A visitor from New York
Definition of a Damn Yankee(leftist): A visitor from New York that stays here.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm Definition of a yankee(leftist): A visitor from New York
DamnYankee is two words??? Who knew!?!?!?! :oops:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Go back to hell lady!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

oljames3 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm Definition of a yankee(leftist): A visitor from New York
DamnYankee is two words??? Who knew!?!?!?! :oops:
Only to English teachers, grammar nazis, and people north of the Mason-Dixon. For the rest of us, it's just the same as 'carpetbagger'. No hyphen or space needed..... :tiphat:

And as for Mom-from-New-York, at least we've had the beneficial effect of increasing her situational awareness generally, and taught her to check where the exits are upon entering an unfamiliar space.... :thumbs2:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Karma will bite her one day. It always does.

I'me imagining how and I foresee her daughter growing up and buying her own gun when she's old enough and eventually getting her LTC. Then she'll have to decide if they scare her more than she wants to see her own daughter. Or her daughter's husband will be a hunter or have guns and an LTC.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I don't really care if she likes guns or not, after all to each his own. I think she is showing signs of paranoia with her fear of what others might do because they have guns though. And the worst part of it is she is teaching her daughter to fear them too.

But I am wondering if her husband might not be as anti-gun as she thinks. If he had the same New York attitude then why would he ask if she wanted to get her license and buy a gun? And he did it while they were unpacking from moving here? Or am I being too trusting and she really is just lying about the whole thing to enhance her story and help explain her paranoia?
Steve Rothstein

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

srothstein wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm I don't really care if she likes guns or not, after all to each his own. I think she is showing signs of paranoia with her fear of what others might do because they have guns though. And the worst part of it is she is teaching her daughter to fear them too.

But I am wondering if her husband might not be as anti-gun as she thinks. If he had the same New York attitude then why would he ask if she wanted to get her license and buy a gun? And he did it while they were unpacking from moving here? Or am I being too trusting and she really is just lying about the whole thing to enhance her story and help explain her paranoia?
I think that you are being too trusting of her. Every part of her "story" is self-serving. Of course it is still possible that her husband has been suppressing his desire to own a gun for many years and thinks that most Texans will publicly support his views more that the people that he left behind in New York.
NRA Endowment Member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm I don't really care if she likes guns or not, after all to each his own. I think she is showing signs of paranoia with her fear of what others might do because they have guns though. And the worst part of it is she is teaching her daughter to fear them too.

A few years ago when the news of the Argyle School District's armed teacher program was announced, another local guy and I took to social media to try to champion a similar program in our nearby school district. The resulting "discussion" surfaced several more women whose posts suggested that they were at least as paranoid about what other people might do with guns as the woman in the OP. It quickly degenerated from no teacher ever being competent enough with a gun to be around kids with it to no person ever being safe with one in public. They all showed themselves to be transplants from the Northeast, particularly NYC.

Even though the other guy started the thread, they "ordered" us not to post on it for 24 hours so that they could equalize the message that the public needed to hear. He and I had been vigorous in our defense of armed teacher programs. In typical Liberal irony, one of them counted the posts on the thread and declared use the losers because their had been more of them posting than the two of us We were just a lot better at making clear points while they tended to make multiple posts each without ever getting to one. Alas, our school board hired a "security consultant" who turned out to be anti-gun and our attempt to get any kind of an armed teacher program going have gone nowhere.

I wondered if their husbands were as anti-gun as the women were, too.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://quillette.com/2019/11/16/thorst ... us-update/
Thorstein Veblen’s Theory of the Leisure Class—A Status Update
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:13 am https://quillette.com/2019/11/16/thorst ... us-update/
Interesting read.

If you remember the Beatles (and many other popular musicians at the time )promoted drug use in the '60's. They were rich and could well afford to deal with its problems. Their listeners and fans were not and did not.

The politicians, media and the wealthy can afford armed security, so they can safely support and influence an anti gun stance. Their supporters cannot.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:13 am https://quillette.com/2019/11/16/thorst ... us-update/
That's what I keep telling folks. It's not just about the money, it's about being in the elitist clique. Money for those folks is about buying access, not about living well (though most of them do). Take that ambassador woman in the impeachment hearing, for example. She's probably pretty well-off compared to many of us, but she's not exactly rich. However, she's "in". Then, take the family that owns Hobby Lobby. Those folks are rich (though not top-tier rich). However, because of their beliefs, they are NOT "in". TAM, I certainly agree with the premise of the article, and I appreciate you posting it. Thanks.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

people from NY and CA moving to Texas and then are surprised that it's different oh my.....they need to go away
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Boy, wouldn't we all get a kick out of open carrying, meeting this woman in a store, and striking up a conversation!!!

33, no driver's license, no vehicle, considers herself a cosmopolitan person, yet is scared to death of legal citizens with guns. NYC people don't have a clue as to how most people in this country live. Plus to live in Manhattan, her family income must be very high.

Much of the magazine industry is located in NYC, and when you read the belief system and experiences of authors who live there, you'd want to take some aspirin.

****************************************************************************************************************************

One NYC resident, an adult woman, eventually moved to suburban Connecticut, to a single family home with a yard. She found the reality of "owning trees" to be a very unsettling concept. In NYC, the government owns all the trees. Wow.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”