TX: Chambers County Woman killed by feral hogs

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Chambers County Woman killed by feral hogs

Post by SewTexas »

what a horrible, painful death! and the poor old lady who found her....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

The threat of feral hogs while hunting is what got me to purchase my first Pistol several years back.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

My mom warned me about pigs when I was little.

My friends warned me about feral hogs when hunting.

Modern movies warned me about groups who own pig farms.

Yikes!!

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Lynyrd wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:08 am I've been around a lot of hogs. I've trapped a few hundred of them, and hunted a killed a lot more. It does not surprise me that this happened. The hog population is growing, and they are moving closer and closer to residential areas in their search for food. I have a friend who took video of hogs destroying lawns in a subdivision in Tyler with million dollar homes. He couldn't shoot because of city ordinance.

I think events of feral hog and human interaction are going to become more frequent in the coming years.
I load at the refinery in Tyler and saw a big sow cross the road in front of the truck. I may miss guess weight but she looked 400 lbs plus and was taller than the bumper of the Kenworth I was driving. One other sighting in Tyler was off the loop, about 20 to 30 pigs all different colors. Beware there almost everywhere.
Truth against the world

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

philip964 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:45 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... s-problem/

Woodlands feral hog problem
FISCAL IMPACT

It is estimated that one feral hog trap will cost approximately $46,800 per year.
:shock:
I may have to go into the hog trapping business!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

A very serious problem here is hitting them in your car. As I mentioned in another thread, my shooting partner took one out very effectively with a well placed 150 gr. Power Point in .308 WIN about 3" behind a troublesome sow's ear on Thursday. That kinda evens the score because his wife hit one in her Ford Escape a year ago and it was totaled.

Almost all of the hogs that have shown up on his exterior game cameras are just passing through, but this sow with piglets had taken up residence. Many in the area are getting hit by cars, and they are very hard to spot sometimes at night until it's too late. Their eyes are dead for the most part.

I view hogs as I do the potential danger of rattlesnakes. I ain't gonna guess about their psychology when they are close enough to be a danger. But I live in a town with 20,000 other people while my SP is right on the outskirts of a very small town about 45 SE of Abilene. Last Saturday he happened upon that same sow with her piglets, she rutted the ground as if her next move would be to attack.

I reminded him of the line in the movie Prizzi's Honor, "She gotta go!" ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I read an article about a Trucker hitting a approx. 400lb boar in his 18 wheeler, per the article it severally damaged the bumper and ripped the transmission lose on the truck!
I saw a dead hog on the side of the road between Weatherford and Springtown, it was at least 350 to 400lbs, can't imagine hitting something that size while doing 60 in a passenger vehicle!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”