Keep an eye on Virginia

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Keep an eye on Virginia

Post by Oldgringo »

Once a proud Southern state, today's Virginia is what happens when newcomers move in and natives do not go out, to either care, or to vote. Please, Lord, with the influx of outsiders, let's don't let that happen to Texas.

thenick_ttu
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thenick_ttu »

Oldgringo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 pm Once a proud Southern state, today's Virginia is what happens when newcomers move in and natives do not go out, to either care, or to vote. Please, Lord, with the influx of outsiders, let's don't let that happen to Texas.
Amen!!

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 74novaman »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm
74novaman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:38 pm It would be impactful if enough of us showed up.
And the actors who tend to give the rest of us a bad name stay home instead of making scenes with elected officials.
I’m one of those guys who raged against the OCT antics and the dumb way they handled themselves and representing gun owners.

But honesty, I think at this point nothing any of us could do would do more damage than the money Bloomberg is spreading around and the MDA hysterics if we choose not to show up because of who might show up with us.

Send in the clowns. We need the numbers.
TANSTAAFL

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

74novaman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:29 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:20 pm
74novaman wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:38 pm It would be impactful if enough of us showed up.
And the actors who tend to give the rest of us a bad name stay home instead of making scenes with elected officials.
I’m one of those guys who raged against the OCT antics and the dumb way they handled themselves and representing gun owners.

But honesty, I think at this point nothing any of us could do would do more damage than the money Bloomberg is spreading around and the MDA hysterics if we choose not to show up because of who might show up with us.

Send in the clowns. We need the numbers.
Yes we do need the numbers. Allow me to rephrase my comment to “the actors whose antics have produced nothing but bad press and ill will need to recognize that and leave those antics at home.”

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

Where do Virginia Patriots Go After Richmond
https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/01 ... -richmond/

Solid advice for patriots everywhere.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... magazines/
Democrats on the Virginia House Public Safety Committee passed legislation Friday morning to require owners of “high capacity” ammunition to destroy or surrender said magazines.

The legislation in view is HB 961, which was watered down from its original form in order to garner enough Democrat votes to pass out of committee.

Breitbart News reported HB 961 originally required owners of AR-15s to register their guns with the government and get a license from Virginia State Police, in order to retain the firearm. That aspect of the bill was removed, but the ban on magazines holding over 12 rounds is still intact.
Perhaps my grandkids will play Patriots and Democrats.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 7

Post by chasfm11 »

And the hits just keep on coming. I wonder if anyone believes that a door-to-door suppressor search would end well?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... essor-ban/
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

jb2012
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jb2012 »

What will be the ultimate tipping point? Will it be magazines? Suppressors? "Assault weapons"? Semi Automatics"? Where does everyone's line in the sand exactly fall?
Without divine intervention, either America will resemble Venezuela, or there will be a civil war. I'd prefer divine intervention myself.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

jb2012 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm What will be the ultimate tipping point? Will it be magazines? Suppressors? "Assault weapons"? Semi Automatics"? Where does everyone's line in the sand exactly fall?
Without divine intervention, either America will resemble Venezuela, or there will be a civil war. I'd prefer divine intervention myself.
How about both?
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 4

Post by imkopaka »

"Assault weapon" ban passes Virginia House. Headed now to the Senate, where democrats have a 2-seat majority.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... eapons-ban

Militia groups are preparing a civil response, prepping for...less civil responses.

Oath Keepers Facebook Page (Official)
Oath Keepers wrote:Critical update from Oath Keepers National leadership team in Virginia. Discussing assault weapons ban/registration passing VA House and the growing county and town resistance, including militia musters meant to begin the process of establishing county militia units.

Oath Keepers is advising county Tea Party leaders and other groups on model resolutions they can encourage county Board of Supervisors to pass, expressing county support for the establishment of independent militia companies, established by military veterans but open to all residents who are loyal to the Constitution.

We are also continuing to reach out to Sheriff Departments, urging them to also form up large Sheriff posse and reserve deputy units.

We will publish a draft resolution within the next couple of days along with recommended unit organizational structure, based on our military experience coupled with our extensive experience in natural disaster relief.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

imkopaka wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm "Assault weapon" ban passes Virginia House. Headed now to the Senate, where democrats have a 2-seat majority.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virgin ... eapons-ban

Militia groups are preparing a civil response, prepping for...less civil responses.

Oath Keepers Facebook Page (Official)
Oath Keepers wrote:Critical update from Oath Keepers National leadership team in Virginia. Discussing assault weapons ban/registration passing VA House and the growing county and town resistance, including militia musters meant to begin the process of establishing county militia units.

Oath Keepers is advising county Tea Party leaders and other groups on model resolutions they can encourage county Board of Supervisors to pass, expressing county support for the establishment of independent militia companies, established by military veterans but open to all residents who are loyal to the Constitution.

We are also continuing to reach out to Sheriff Departments, urging them to also form up large Sheriff posse and reserve deputy units.

We will publish a draft resolution within the next couple of days along with recommended unit organizational structure, based on our military experience coupled with our extensive experience in natural disaster relief.
We all worry so much about gun grabbers on a National level it can be easy to forget the real threat may be at the State level. When/if this is successful, it can easily become a model for other states where leftists take total control. God forbid, even here in Texas. It really shows how important voting Republican has become. The days of claiming to be a Democrat while claiming a desire to keep your guns are long gone.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

jb2012 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm What will be the ultimate tipping point? Will it be magazines? Suppressors? "Assault weapons"? Semi Automatics"? Where does everyone's line in the sand exactly fall?
You forgot bumpstocks by our very own.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Texas_Blaze wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm
"Our very own" did not propose banning bump stocks. They agreed to it as a sacrificial lamb. There is a difference. The way you continue to bring it up on every post makes it sound like you think the NRA just up and suggested banning bump stocks. That is not how it went down. Half the country was screaming for blood on a national level. I think it was allowed to keep them off our other firearm rights. I feel it was a huge mistake, but it happened.

The ban discussed in this thread is on a state level. Again, big difference. All are signs of bad things to come. My big fear is that this move on a state level will be replicated in other states.

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:01 am
Texas_Blaze wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:45 pm
"Our very own" did not propose banning bump stocks. They agreed to it as a sacrificial lamb. There is a difference. The way you continue to bring it up on every post makes it sound like you think the NRA just up and suggested banning bump stocks. That is not how it went down. Half the country was screaming for blood on a national level. I think it was allowed to keep them off our other firearm rights. I feel it was a huge mistake, but it happened.

The ban discussed in this thread is on a state level. Again, big difference. All are signs of bad things to come. My big fear is that this move on a state level will be replicated in other states.
what’s one more sacrifice, and then one more, and later one more.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

von Clausewitz

Post by von Clausewitz »

HB 961, the assault weapon ban, has been tabled by the VA senate, till the next session of the legislature...and referred to the VA Crime Commission for study...

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”