Super Tuesday results it ain’t purdy

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Super Tuesday results it ain’t purdy

Post by gtolbert09 »

Interesting article from Allen West.

https://west4texas.com/2020/03/06/super ... nt-pretty/
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

TxRVer

Re: Super Tuesday results it ain’t purdy

Post by TxRVer »

It doesn't say how many Republicans stayed home or voted Democrat, because Trump was a shoe-in.
Charlie

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

TxRVer wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:32 pm It doesn't say how many Republicans stayed home or voted Democrat, because Trump was a shoe-in.
Our polling place had separate but visually linked spaces for Democrat and Republican voting. The area in which I was serving is solidly red. I passed out door hangers in much of the precinct and was only putting them on the homes of registered Republicans who had voted in at least one or two recent elections. I was hitting 90-95% of many neighborhoods. During the voting, the Democratic side was often busier than ours and some of their voters even came over to use our stations to fill out their ballots. Complacency among Republican voters has, in many ways, gotten us to where we are. I admit that our elected Republican representatives seem to be going out of their way to turn off GOP minded voters.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I believe the reason turn out for Republicans was low is due to the fact that it was a primary and Trump is running unopposed. While I do agree that complacency among Republicans will cost us dearly, I don't agree that this is a sign of it at all.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:39 am I believe the reason turn out for Republicans was low is due to the fact that it was a primary and Trump is running unopposed. While I do agree that complacency among Republicans will cost us dearly, I don't agree that this is a sign of it at all.
I tend to agree. I actually....for the first time in at least 20 years....missed voting in a primary. By the time I realized voting was that day, it was just a few minutes from the polls closing, and I’d have never made it in time. I didn’t worry, for a couple of reasons.

One reason is that the election I’m primarily interested in at this time is for the presidency, and I knew Trump would breeze through this primary.

The other reason is that I’m an independent. I left the GOP in 2012, so other than presidential elections, I’m not as wrapped around the axles about what’s happening in the GOP in down ballot primaries.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

I agree with previous posts - it's only a primary. I didn't vote in it. Trump is a shoe-in and I didn't know ANY of the candidates in my local races, so I didn't feel I could cast a responsible/meaningful vote. So I stayed home. But you BET YOUR BISCUIT I'll be out in November to vote in the general election.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:iagree: with both posts.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

When early voting started, I pulled a sample ballot from the county election dept.'s website. Didn't recognize a lot of the names. Went on the net and researched them. Figured out who the RINO's were. Voted against them. Voted toward the end of early voting.

Sic semper RhINOceras.... :fire

We need to assist in draining the swamp at the local and state levels..... :totap:
You have to do your homework and vote to do that.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”