A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online

Post by The Annoyed Man »

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/a-lo ... un-online/
Here at Omaha Outdoors, we’ve been inundated with inquiries from out-of-state folks – many from California – asking if we can ship them a gun directly. The answer is, of course, no. Despite what politicians and many in popular media claim, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped to your house. Well, you could, if you were a federally licensed firearm dealer (or federally licensed curio and relic collector) and your home was your place of business. Other than that, no, you can’t buy a gun online and have it shipped, especially across state lines, to your home.

We’re not alone in noticing that usually anti-gun people are suddenly very interested in having guns. On Twitter, Robert Evans wrote, “The sheer number of normally anti-gun people who have reached out to me about buying a firearm in the last week is wild.”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 1

Re: A Lot of People Are Finding Out You Can’t Just Buy a Gun Online

Post by imkopaka »

Sadly, that's not all that surprising. Hopefully it helps drive home how badly the media twists the issue.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

I hope they buy a lot...then when this all settles down they'll be wanting to rid themselves of them....I"m offering pennies on the dollar to them! :mrgreen:

flechero

Post by flechero »

Good news!... make them gun people and also educate them on the actual truth about the online gun purchasing procedures

wil

Post by wil »

nothing new, was in north hollywood store, (just blanked on the name, same one loaned rifles to LAPD during hollywood bank shoot) at the start of the Rodney King commemorative summer games.

Arrogant fools in there ranting about "two week waiting period!!!! I NEED A GUN NOW!!!!!" Counter staff just looked at them and said "that is the law your legislature created for public safety..............."

they kept whining & ranting about it, I told them: "maybe next time you fools will think a little harder when you vote for the people who advocate these things & pass them into law....."

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

A post on another gun forum was talking about going to Academy and the ammo shelves were empty and lots of folks lined up at the gun counter... Something he said caught my eye.... All handgun ammo except .22 was gone, even all of the 9x18 ammo was bought out.... How many of you want to bet that lots of folks bought that brand new 9mm and saw the 9x18 and assumed that it would fit...

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Sometimes reality just strikes people in the face. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Monday, March 16, 2020, the NICS staff experienced more than a 300% increase compared to this same time period in 2019. States that process their own NICS checks are reporting similar spikes. Colorado’s Bureau of Investigation, for example, announced that checks last week were double the same week last year, and the increased volume has created a backlog of about 5,000 checks awaiting processing. Wait times have increased from between five and eight minutes to two days.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:31 pm All handgun ammo except .22 was gone, even all of the 9x18 ammo was bought out.... How many of you want to bet that lots of folks bought that brand new 9mm and saw the 9x18 and assumed that it would fit...
I'm not gonna take that bet. Uh uh. Not gonna do it. I just hope the first time they try using that 9x18 in their brand new Glock 17 isn't when they really need it to go bang a few times. :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:12 pm I just hope the first time they try using that 9x18 in their brand new Glock 17 isn't when they really need it to go bang a few times. :???:
Unless they're trying to take my toilet paper, then its okay. :biggrinjester:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

imkopaka wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:17 pm Sadly, that's not all that surprising. Hopefully it helps drive home how badly the media twists the issue.
So true. The media makes it seem like you can just hop on the internet and have a gun delivered to your home. My other pet peeve is when they refer to a "gun show loophole" and make it sound like everyone at gun shows can just buy a gun with no background check.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I'm waiting for someone to say they want a AR-10 because its 5 ARs less then an AR-15 and Biden wants your AR-14s.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:31 pm A post on another gun forum was talking about going to Academy and the ammo shelves were empty and lots of folks lined up at the gun counter... Something he said caught my eye.... All handgun ammo except .22 was gone, even all of the 9x18 ammo was bought out.... How many of you want to bet that lots of folks bought that brand new 9mm and saw the 9x18 and assumed that it would fit...
I picked up 3 extra 20-round boxes of .30-30 and a couple of 50-round boxes of .30 Carbine from Academy online today. They still seem to have supplies of common hunting calibers (.308 and 5.56 excepted), and less popular ones like .30 Carbine.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”