Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ttenhouse/

Facebook removing posts supporting Kyle.

Considers it a mass shooting.
By it's literal definition, it IS a mass-shooting. Also by it's literal definition, it is a multiple homicide. That does not necessarily mean that Kyle Rittenhouse broke any laws.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

I didn't realize until now that Rittenhouse's attorney not only defended Sandmann, but Richard Jewell as well:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/famed-at ... eys-a-down
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:47 am https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ttenhouse/

Facebook removing posts supporting Kyle.

Considers it a mass shooting.
Of course, because Facebook is run by and full of marxists.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

mrvmax wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am So as I read more facts I see I’m wrong on my post. I still think he should have stayed home but the more I read and see the more it favors him legally.
The rioters, arsonists, murderers and rapists don't get charged but this white American youth does? This case will drag on forever. FWIW, I'm rooting for the "privileged" white youth who fired in self-defense.

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... gh-school/

Kyle listed as modern day hero in assignment at Dallas ISD high school assignment.

“Way to go big D”

Hmmm.

George Floyd and a guy he shot was also on the list.

Maybe this teacher required you to pick one and say why he was a hero?

The controversy maybe is that Kyle’s name was on the list.

Still glad to hear Dallas ISD is requiring thinking.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... gh-school/

Kyle listed as modern day hero in assignment at Dallas ISD high school assignment.

“Way to go big D”
Not exactly a way to go big d. The article says it was unapproved and of coarse have canceled the assignment. Was your "way to go" meant as tongue in cheek or was it a test to see if anyone actually reads the links you post? Haha

philip964

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:36 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:25 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... gh-school/

“Way to go big D”
Not exactly a way to go big d. The article says it was unapproved and of coarse have canceled the assignment. Was your "way to go" meant as tongue in cheek or was it a test to see if anyone actually reads the links you post? Haha
Yeah I just got to that. So no kudo’s to Dallas ISD.

In my day we would have called that teacher “cool”.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

The world is messed up. The other day, on a news website, I explained in the comments section on a story about Kyle that Kyle was running away before he fired his gun, and only fired when he fell and was cornered by three people that were attacking him. A person argued with me that the three people were chasing Kyle in self-defense for the shooting they expected him to commit.

I have never heard such baloney before.

I have never understood the logic that running away from a confrontation makes you the aggressor. Nonetheless, the DA charged Kyle with murder for shooting the people that were chasing him, cornering him, and attacking him. Did the DA really expect Kyle to let himself get killed? And the people attacking Kyle are felons. I don't understand the logic that Kyle was the aggressor.

When I took my CHL class many moons ago, the instructor said, you cannot claim self-defense if you are the aggressor. His suggestion when you are outside of your home, avoid the confrontation. Leave the area. His next point, was if you have to shoot, you,your loved one, etc. have to be in imminent harm.

Because of the political crisis in this country, the moral compass is gone. What was right, is now wrong and vice versa. People that were never slaves demand reparations from people that never owned slaves. Defunding the police will make us safer. The Anti-facists use the violent tactics they attribute to conservatives and Trump supporters, but you never see violent masses of conservatives protesting, looting, and rioting. If race relations are so bad as the media makes our country out to be, then how come my black neighbors and colleagues and I get along so well? How did we end up in this Twilight Zone?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 13

Post by C-dub »

OneGun wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm The world is messed up. The other day, on a news website, I explained in the comments section on a story about Kyle that Kyle was running away before he fired his gun, and only fired when he fell and was cornered by three people that were attacking him. A person argued with me that the three people were chasing Kyle in self-defense for the shooting they expected him to commit.

I have never understood the logic that running away from a confrontation makes you the aggressor. Nonetheless, the DA charged Kyle with murder for shooting the people that were chasing him, cornering him, and attacking him. Did the DA really expect Kyle to let himself get killed? And the people attacking Kyle are felons. I don't understand the logic that Kyle was the aggressor.

When I took my CHL class many moons ago, the instructor said, you cannot claim self-defense if you are the aggressor. His suggestion when you are outside of your home, avoid the confrontation. Leave the area. His next point, was if you have to shoot, you,your loved one, etc. have to be in imminent harm.

Because of the political crisis in this country, the moral compass is gone. What was right, is now wrong and vice versa. People that were never slaves demand reparations from people that never owned slaves. Defunding the police will make us safer. The Anti-facists use the violent tactics they attribute to conservatives and Trump supporters, but you never see violent masses of conservatives protesting, looting, and rioting. If race relations are so bad as the media makes our country out to be, then how come my black neighbors and colleagues and I get along so well? How did we end up in this Twilight Zone?
There are some (maybe many) on the left that think Kyle should have let himself be attacked. These same fools think that the police should not be able to use deadly force if they are being attacked by a minority. Twilight Zone or Bizarro World, take your pick.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BigGuy »

OneGun wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:40 pm The world is messed up. The other day, on a news website, I explained in the comments section on a story about Kyle that Kyle was running away before he fired his gun, and only fired when he fell and was cornered by three people that were attacking him. A person argued with me that the three people were chasing Kyle in self-defense for the shooting they expected him to commit.

I just finished this book. It might have been recommended on this site. It really speaks to a lot of what you've said. "Multiple Attackers.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GR ... tkin_p1_i0.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

New video from one of his attorneys that has footage not aired before. Tucker Carlson shared part of it on his show tonight. From the first reports of it, this has always appeared to clearly be self defense. He should be freed and charges dropped. The guy that was shot in the arm has not been charged or arrested but should be facing attempted murder charges.

Ron
NRA Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Wow !

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 9

Post by chasfm11 »

It seems clear to me that the Dems have given up (at least for the moment) on trying to get gun control legislation passed. It was always going to be an end run on the 2nd Amendment. Now, the strategy is to make it nearly impossible to use a firearm for self-defense. Soros has gotten enough of his minions installed as District Attorneys with little chance for push back on their actions. They will continue to charge police officers and citizens instead of the actual criminals in these situations.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

Everyone needs to understand that the BLM/ANTIFA propganda campaign is being lead by a former SOCOM General: [urlhttps://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05/trump- ... upporters/]Fired General McChrystal Is Advising Far Left Group ‘Defeat Disinfo’ on Best Way to Silence and Censor Trump Supporters[/url]

This is literally warfare being waged against the American people.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”