Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by eyedoc »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am
eyedoc wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:53 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:08 pm
srothstein wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:21 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:43 pmThat said, the shooter here likely could not legally carry a handgun, so I can't fault him on this point.
His other mistake was that he could not legally carry a rifle either. In Wisconsin, it is illegal for a minor to be in possession of any loaded weapon.
This has been my biggest concern since we found out who he was.
Found this in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Under Wisconsin statutes that say anyone under 18 who "goes armed" with any deadly weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor, Kyle Rittenhouse, 17, was not old enough to legally carry the assault-style rifle he had.
But John Monroe, a lawyer who specializes in gun rights cases, believes an exception for rifles and shotguns, intended to allow people age 16 and 17 to hunt, could apply.
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/cr ... 444231001/
Wisconsin 948.60 is their regulation against possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Article (3)(c) states "This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593."

In other words, The regulation against possession of a dangerous weapon under 18 has an exception when you have a rifle or shotgun. You must not be in violation of 941.28 and you can't be out of compliance with 29.304 or 29.593.

941.28 is a regulation on short-barreled rifles and short-barreled shotguns. Kyles rifle was not a short-barreled rifle, so he was not in violation of 941.28.

29.304 pertains to regulations of firearms for individuals under 16 years of age. Kyle is 17, so 29.304 doesn't even apply to him.

Section 29.593 requires anyone born 1973 or later to essentially attend a hunter safety course to go hunting (with any weapon bow, rifle, etc). Kyle was not hunting, so he was in compliance.

So per Wisconsin state law, a person under 18 cannot posses a dangerous weapon, unless that weapon is a rifle or shotgun! If a person posses a rifle or shotgun and is under the age of 18, and over the age of 16, and they are not hunting, section 948.60 does not apply to them per the letter of Wisconsin law! There us no regulation against them having the rifle or shotgun.
Seems all the fact checks are saying it was illegal for him to carry.
All the fact checkers are liberal. I would not expect them to look hard to find the truth if it helps him.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deitz83 »

I hope the 17 year old kid will be treated fairly by our great justice system. The illegal weapons charges does not carry long sentences. So, hopefully if he has to do any time. He will have his entire life a head of him and someone will probably have a good paying job waiting for him.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:49 am Seems all the fact checks are saying it was illegal for him to carry.
So as usual, the "fact" checks are completely and totally incorrect.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrvmax »

eyedoc wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:02 am
mrvmax wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:26 am So as I read more facts I see I’m wrong on my post. I still think he should have stayed home but the more I read and see the more it favors him legally.
Did you read where he worked there as a community lifeguard and just stayed after work?
Another forum had a pretty extensive summary but I’ve read enough to get my fill. It appeared he was a good guy but I still think he’d been better off staying at home.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 7

Post by parabelum »

Kyle’s attorney:

“Wisconsin is an open carry state,” replied Pierce. “You’ve seen the video of what was going on in that city. It was a war zone, and Kyle had every right — just as much a right — to be there as the people that were trying to burn down that city, and he was attempting to protect property and attempting to be there to provide medical aid.”

Pierce added, “Every person that has any sense at all is going to take a weapon to that location. It was a legal weapon. I can’t comment right now further on the specifics of where the weapon was obtained. It was obtained as a legal weapon. It did not cross state lines. That charge is incorrect as a matter of law in Wisconsin. Actually, that weapon can be possessed by anyone 16 years or older.”

“Kyle was not there looking for a fight,” Pierce remarked. “He is a great kid who serves as a community lifeguard in Kenosha. He was there to protect businesses that were being destroyed and burned to the ground. He was also there to provide medical aid to protesters and others who might be wounded. He actually took a first aid kit there to help wounded protesters, which he did repeatedly.”

“ Pollak asked if Rittenhouse belonged to any militia.

Pierce responded, “I am not aware of any such facts. … This is something that a lot of people are not aware of, but this is actually the law under Title 10 Section 246 of the United States Code, actually, every able-bodied male in the United States between ages 17 and 45 is actually part of the United States militia, and that is provided for under the Constitution and Congress has enacted that statute.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... wisconsin/

DEB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DEB »

Something that I have noticed, nobody is talking about how, with hundreds if not thousands of protestors are rioting, one guy shoots 3 folks and all of them turn out to be felons? They weren't targeted, just random attacks against Kyle. The first one shot, Rosenbaum a registered sex offender with a plethora of other arrests, including battery, disorderly conduct and domestic abuse charges. Huber the second guy arrested several times on battery and drugs. The last Comrade Grosskreutz, a convicted felon, some are now saying his convictions for burglary was a misdemeanor. Grosskreutz, even though he his not allowed to have a firearm, and online pictures clearly showing him having a firearm, has not been arrested? Only the 17 year old that stepped forward in time of need.
Back to what I was speaking about, what are the chances that when shooting at a group of people that everyone shot is a convicted criminal? How many criminals are in these protests, in order for that to happen? I have read where Chavez in Venezuela used criminals to attack his opponents, with Maduro continuing the practice. Look at all of these Communists in the past, the most favored were hard core criminals, Stalin, mug shots from robbing banks and etc. One can look them up, not only arrested for subversion, but actual true and common criminal activities, theft, kidnapping and etc. All of these so called saints shot by the Police had criminal histories that were also very extensive. But, Christian Conservatives are now viewed as the evil? I say God Bless Kyle Rittenhouse, just am sorry that he got caught up in this, which was probably and initially youthful exuberance and patriotism. I don't think this is the end, perhaps this was the shot that has stirred the tiger as it were. We will see. United States has a dark future if these communists continue these riots, folks might start getting tired of it themselves and start reacting violently and where you will belong to one side or the other, usually there isn't any such thing as neutrality in a nation imploding into full violence.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

DEB wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:24 pm Something that I have noticed, nobody is talking about how, with hundreds if not thousands of protestors are rioting, one guy shoots 3 folks and all of them turn out to be felons? They weren't targeted, just random attacks against Kyle. The first one shot, Rosenbaum a registered sex offender with a plethora of other arrests, including battery, disorderly conduct and domestic abuse charges. Huber the second guy arrested several times on battery and drugs. The last Comrade Grosskreutz, a convicted felon, some are now saying his convictions for burglary was a misdemeanor. Grosskreutz, even though he his not allowed to have a firearm, and online pictures clearly showing him having a firearm, has not been arrested? Only the 17 year old that stepped forward in time of need.
Back to what I was speaking about, what are the chances that when shooting at a group of people that everyone shot is a convicted criminal? How many criminals are in these protests, in order for that to happen? I have read where Chavez in Venezuela used criminals to attack his opponents, with Maduro continuing the practice. Look at all of these Communists in the past, the most favored were hard core criminals, Stalin, mug shots from robbing banks and etc. One can look them up, not only arrested for subversion, but actual true and common criminal activities, theft, kidnapping and etc. All of these so called saints shot by the Police had criminal histories that were also very extensive. But, Christian Conservatives are now viewed as the evil? I say God Bless Kyle Rittenhouse, just am sorry that he got caught up in this, which was probably and initially youthful exuberance and patriotism. I don't think this is the end, perhaps this was the shot that has stirred the tiger as it were. We will see. United States has a dark future if these communists continue these riots, folks might start getting tired of it themselves and start reacting violently and where you will belong to one side or the other, usually there isn't any such thing as neutrality in a nation imploding into full violence.
Thank you for pointing it out. Very insightful.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BigGuy »

DEB wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:24 pm Something that I have noticed, nobody is talking about how, with hundreds if not thousands of protestors are rioting, one guy shoots 3 folks and all of them turn out to be felons? They weren't targeted, just random attacks against Kyle. The first one shot, Rosenbaum a registered sex offender with a plethora of other arrests, including battery, disorderly conduct and domestic abuse charges. Huber the second guy arrested several times on battery and drugs. The last Comrade Grosskreutz, a convicted felon, some are now saying his convictions for burglary was a misdemeanor. Grosskreutz, even though he his not allowed to have a firearm, and online pictures clearly showing him having a firearm, has not been arrested? Only the 17 year old that stepped forward in time of need.
We NEED a "LIKE" button.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

I am so abhorred by NPR referring to rioters as civil right protestors and some as vandals whereas those who defend themselves from deadly force are called vigilante
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

:iagree: :iagree:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Beiruty wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:59 pm I am so abhorred by NPR referring to rioters as civil right protestors and some as vandals whereas those who defend themselves from deadly force are called vigilante
100% spot on. And, there have been a huge number of minority/immigrant owned business vandalized and destroyed.
Incidentally, I think that sadly (because of the damage done to the businesses) the riots and disorder will push more voters into Trumps corner, especially in these cities and States run by communist pigs who did nothing but stood by as their constituents were bullied, terrorized, had their communities destroyed and their lives turned upside down. A prelude of what’s to come if the communist party aka DNC gets hold of WH (per Kamala or whatever her name is).

You want your streets blocked, businesses burned down and your grandparents attacked, vote Democrat! You want peace, law and order, vote Republican! Nuff.

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-defends-ke ... 29384.html
Trump defends right wing shooter.

Their headline not mine.

Apparently defending a car dealership from vandals is a right wing thing now.

Or supporting the police is a right wing thing.

That’s fine because being left wing I guess is on the side of the vandals and criminals.

Interesting election we have coming up.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Good on him. And that’s cool, I’ll take the communists labeling me as right-wing as a badge of honor. Right wing = Patriot.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”