Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kenosha Wisconsin Shooter discussion

Post by extremist »

Paladin wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 pm It looked to me like every shot Kyle took was point shooting. The rifle displayed in court had no sights. At some point previously the rifle apparently had a low dollar sight on it... I don't know why the sight was removed.

It's a Sightmark optic entry model and was removed in trial because it wouldn't fit in the evidence box apparently.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Paladin
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Paladin »

Kamala reminds us that she's with the terrorists:

Kamala Harris ripped for Rittenhouse reaction
If you're on the side of the lady who blocked evidence to keep someone on death row or who tried to keep inmates in prison to be used as slave labor to fight wildfires you need to check your values https://t.co/aRZiEo88AN
— Tim Pool (@Timcast) November 20, 2021

This is rich. She was an overzealous prosecutor, who knowingly left innocent Black men in jail.Spare me the lectures. https://t.co/Afwr4GOgcw
— BiasedGirl (@BiasedGirl) November 20, 2021

Kamala Harris, who shared a bail fund for criminal rioters during the summer 2020 riots, says “there’s a lot more work to do” with the criminal justice system following Rittenhouse verdict pic.twitter.com/lC956sSTyx
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) November 19, 2021

In an August 2020 interview, Harris referred to Rittenhouse as a “shooter arrested for murder” and claimed “we will not let these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice” when speaking on Black Lives Matter protests turning violent in cities like Kenosha.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

White House Sets Stage for AG Merrick Garland to Trigger Federal Investigation of Kyle Rittenhouse – Biden Feeling Angry and Concerned

Biden: "Violence and destruction have no place in our democracy"... after he stole and election and fosters violence and destruction... :banghead:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Revolver’s Case For Disbarring Binger
The entire political show trial of Kyle Rittenhouse has been a disgrace and a sham. The Rittenhouse self-defense case never should have been brought to trial in the first place. It was a travesty of justice that charges were even filed. Many have forgotten that the crazed, partisan Democrat Kenosha District Attorneys office rushed to file charges just two days after the shooting, before any sort of detailed investigation could be completed. The prosecution shamefully lied and slandered Kyle Rittenhouse before the trial even started. They then did so again, endlessly, at trial.

It goes without saying that there is a mile-long list of elected officials, attorneys, and other assorted public figures who must pay a price for the tawdry and disgusting railroading of the heroic 17-year-old “Kenosha kid” who singlehandedly stopped devastating looting and riots in their track with a few shots from his trusty AR-15. And the first shameful partisan political liar on that list goes by the name of Thomas Binger.
A prosecutor is not supposed to be an attack dog for the state, pursuing every argument no matter how fringe. A prosecutor must be a neutral seeker of justice. It is a gross ethical violation for a prosecutor to pursue a defendant he suspects or knows to be innocent.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Flightmare »

Does anyone know if Wisconsin has similar laws to Texas regarding civil immunity if found not-guilty in a criminal case?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Watching how quick and easy they put the feds on regular citizens is very concerning. The feds have no place in this if not to prosecute and investigate the instigators of the riots, true insurrection and looting. Where are the calls for investigation of the racist hate group BLM?

philip964
Posts in topic: 56

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:31 am Watching how quick and easy they put the feds on regular citizens is very concerning. The feds have no place in this if not to prosecute and investigate the instigators of the riots, true insurrection and looting. Where are the calls for investigation of the racist hate group BLM?
It appears the federal governments goals now seem different than the past and it is troubling.

https://news.yahoo.com/windows-smashed- ... 10074.html

Rioting and protests after verdict.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 18

Post by powerboatr »

yes its very troubling that the even the wiff of a rumor by feds to investigate Kyle is very very concerning
i heard one news person say it might be a civil rights case??
they never went after BLM and other groups for civil rights issues..lets look at Seattle for example.

i think these kind of actions will do more to create more and more civil resistance toward FBI, and other fed leo agencies.

hopefully kyle takes the low profile stance and avoid news and others for a sometime.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

oljames3
Posts in topic: 12

Post by oljames3 »

Attornies Andrew Branca and Robert Barnes comment on the Rittenhouse verdict. At about 3:20, they both state, emphatically, that the is no basis for federal charges.
Just sharing my brief appearance, post-Rittenhouse acquittal, on the Fox News television show "Ingraham Angle" hosted by Laura Ingraham. Robert Barnes, an outstanding attorney, was also making a guest appearance in the segment.
https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhous ... aham-show/
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 26

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oljames3 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:36 pm Attornies Andrew Branca and Robert Barnes comment on the Rittenhouse verdict. At about 3:20, they both state, emphatically, that the is no basis for federal charges.
Just sharing my brief appearance, post-Rittenhouse acquittal, on the Fox News television show "Ingraham Angle" hosted by Laura Ingraham. Robert Barnes, an outstanding attorney, was also making a guest appearance in the segment.
https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhous ... aham-show/
At this juncture, that is not the point! The point is that they will do it anyway. The power structure in Washington just put federal investigators on parents who merely objected to the program the school board had forced upon them. The point is that even though the grand jury stated to start the wait in Mexico policy, Bidon and his minions decided to ignore it. The point is. When are we the people going to exercise the true meaning of the 2nd amendment to the constitution? Washington power establishment, with their Marxist goal, is ruling over "we the people" in a way King George iii never even came close to.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 12

Post by oljames3 »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:00 am Does anyone know if Wisconsin has similar laws to Texas regarding civil immunity if found not-guilty in a criminal case?
Attorney Andrew Branca answers this question at https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhous ... unity-law/
Kyle Rittenhouse has been acquitted of all the criminal charges against him, the only possible verdict consistent with justice in a case with this evidence and law. Having been acquitted in criminal court, he is now free of any possible criminal liability for his actions in lawfully defending himself on August 25, 2020.

Now, however, there remains the possibility that he might be sued in a civil suit, either by survivor Gaige Grosskreutz for the vaporization of his bicep when Kyle shot him in self-defense, or by the families of Joseph Rosenbaum or Anthony Huber in wrongful death actions for Kyle’s killing of those two men, again in self-defense.

In particular, I’m getting a lot of inquiries as to whether Kyle Rittenhouse might find protection from any such civil suits under Wisconsin’s self-defense immunity statute. So, that will be the focus of today’s content.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

I keep going back and forth on my thoughts about whether Rittenhouse should have been there that night. Legal yes. The question I kept asking myself is: was it wise or smart to insert oneself into that situation and I would usually say no. After thinking on it for the past year plus, I think I have somewhat changed my mind. I think Seth Dillon, CEO of The Babylon Bee states it well in the following Twitter thread from earlier today. Tthough I would not be as harsh of critics of Kyle's decision to go that night, I think his conclusion is insightful.

But first, my questions: What if all able men of the community in and around Kenosha had done the same as Kyle and a few others and showed up to protect their community? The rioting, looting, and burning would have stopped. Protests could have happened, and that is fine - that's free speech, not terror. Better yet, what if those in charge had let the Guard and the Police do their jobs so civilians like Kyle and the ones who showed up didn't have a need to do so? But that didn't happen. So is he a hero? For most of our country's history, I believe he would have been regarded as such. Not for defending his life, but for going into harms way for his community.

EDITED: Hit submit before I added this article too from the Federalist:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/22/ky ... t-kenosha/

Ron
NRA Member

rtschl
Posts in topic: 52

Post by rtschl »

rtschl wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:44 am I keep going back and forth on my thoughts about whether Rittenhouse should have been there that night. Legal yes. The question I kept asking myself is: was it wise or smart to insert oneself into that situation and I would usually say no. After thinking on it for the past year plus, I think I have somewhat changed my mind. I think Seth Dillon, CEO of The Babylon Bee states it well in the following Twitter thread from earlier today. Tthough I would not be as harsh of critics of Kyle's decision to go that night, I think his conclusion is insightful.

But first, my questions: What if all able men of the community in and around Kenosha had done the same as Kyle and a few others and showed up to protect their community? The rioting, looting, and burning would have stopped. Protests could have happened, and that is fine - that's free speech, not terror. Better yet, what if those in charge had let the Guard and the Police do their jobs so civilians like Kyle and the ones who showed up didn't have a need to do so? But that didn't happen. So is he a hero? For most of our country's history, I believe he would have been regarded as such. Not for defending his life, but for going into harms way for his community.

EDITED: Hit submit before I added this article too from the Federalist about moral obligation of able bodied men to protect Kenosha:

https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/22/ky ... t-kenosha/

Ron
NRA Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

When Governments Fail
John Locke wrote that people, by their very nature, are free and equal – that they voluntarily transfer some of their rights via a social contract to a government – mostly to protect them from violence, so that they may enjoy their freedoms and their lives. Locke postulated that governments exist by the consent of the people in order to protect the rights of the people, and therefore, governments that fail to do so can be resisted and replaced with new governments.
The rioting caused so much destruction in Kenosha because of a stand down. The Wisconsin Governor failed to send the National Guard. The FBI monitored the situation with their drone(s) and only pursued Kyle Rittenhouse... not the criminals. Besides the ones shot by Kyle, the people that organized and conducted the rioting and destruction were not held accountable. The Wisconsin Governor failed in his fundamental duties. The Local DA failed in his fundamental duties. The FBI failed in their fundamental duties. They should all be out of a job.

In the midst of that failure a handful of citizens, including a 17 year old stood up to protect their community. The didn't appear to have training, funding, or government issued firearms, ammunition or costumes. They did what they could with what they had... which was more than State, local or federal authorities had the backbone for.

I refuse to condemn them for standing up for their community.

This was written in 1776:
WHEN in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.
We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness—-That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
I suggest that the most expedient option is for Wisconsin to vote out their Governor... Kenosha to vote out their DA... and the Federal Government to defund the FBI.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”