NJGUNSTAT "Smith & Wesson or Swaziland" Listed as Weapon Manufacturer

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
airbornecpa
Posts in topic: 1

NJGUNSTAT "Smith & Wesson or Swaziland" Listed as Weapon Manufacturer

Post by airbornecpa »

I was over at thetruthaboutguns.com reading a an article that references NJGUNSTAT. Being the inquisitive (nosey) person I am I went to https://www.nj.gov/oag/njsp/njgunstat/ where I found that the Victim and Weapons Breakdown from April 2019 through July 202 that "Smith & Wesson or Swaziland" was listed as a manufacturer of guns recovered.

Here is the link to the July 2020 report, https://www.nj.gov/oag/njsp/njgunstat/ ... 202008.pdf

From Wikipedia I found that Swaziland is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eswatini

In terms of truthfulness and (political) correctness I think someone in new jersey has some explaining to do.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NJGUNSTAT "Smith & Wesson or Swaziland" Listed as Weapon Manufacturer

Post by ELB »

I'm guessing some gun-clueless data entry drone ran across the abbreviation "SW" in a description of a firearm and used some kind of online dictionary that said it could stand for "Smith & Wesson" or "Swaziland," so that's what got typed in.
USAF 1982-2005

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

AndyC wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:33 pm I've visited Swaziland a number of times - an independent kingdom surrounded by mountains. Beautiful but poor - a popular gambling destination for South Africans. In my time it was King Sobhuza, now his son, King Mswati.
If you're a "gambling destination" and you're still poor, you're not doing it right.... :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:39 pm
AndyC wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:33 pm I've visited Swaziland a number of times - an independent kingdom surrounded by mountains. Beautiful but poor - a popular gambling destination for South Africans. In my time it was King Sobhuza, now his son, King Mswati.
If you're a "gambling destination" and you're still poor, you're not doing it right.... :biggrinjester:
Yeah, Unless it’s like most small Third World countries with strong man governments And all the gambling taxes and kickbacks end up in Very few pockets while the rest of the country stays poor.
USAF 1982-2005

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

ELB wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:21 am I'm guessing some gun-clueless data entry drone ran across the abbreviation "SW" in a description of a firearm and used some kind of online dictionary that said it could stand for "Smith & Wesson" or "Swaziland," so that's what got typed in.
Very likely. But they still need to fire the entry drone because the ISO abbreviation for Swaziland is SZ. "SW" isn't used as a country abbreviation, and Swaziland was renamed in 2018 to the Kingdom of Eswatini (still use country code SZ, though). (And with the death of Chadwick Boseman, not pertinent but I'll bet Swaziland may have been the original comic book idea for Wakanda. As Andy says, an independent kingdom, beautiful but poor, surrounded by mountains. The country's English-translated motto includes "We are a fortress; we are a mystery; we hide ourselves away; we are powerful ones.")

And to my knowledge Smith & Wesson never had a manufacturing operation in Swaziland. :biggrinjester:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”