Anti gun measures in Texas for 2021

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Anti gun measures in Texas for 2021

Post by SewTexas »

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:45 am
gtolbert09 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:13 pm Terry Meza’s explanation for her bill.

45A4D744-186D-40E6-9B0D-54F66AD47249.jpeg
OK I looked more into this and can't find a source for where she said most of this other than the South Texas SheepDogs page on Facebook.

I'm sure she believes it but I can't actually attribute it to her.
from what I been able to find, she may not have actually said it. Some is taking her bill, and putting it to "real" words....which, well, let's face it, that's what her bill is basically saying.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

Gov. Abbott's Twitter response (attached) to Terry Meza.
Grep Abbott wrote: Let me be clear.

The Castle Doctrine will not be reduced.

We won't force Texas homeowners to retreat.

Especially with the crazy "defund police" ideas, homeowners need to protect themselves now more than ever.

We will protect 2nd Amendment rights.
Attachments
Abbot-response-to-Meza_Dec2020.png
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I'm opposed to House Bill 196 and sent an email this morning to my state representative. Figures a Democrat would be behind this bill.

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

Showed up on Facebook. Surprisingly it did not have a fact check saying it’s true that criminals only carry guns for self protection and to coerce citizens into compliance with their needs.
Attachments
15009179-4C7D-4570-ADA2-B11B7B9F39A2.jpeg

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:58 am Showed up on Facebook. Surprisingly it did not have a fact check saying it’s true that criminals only carry guns for self protection and to coerce citizens into compliance with their needs.
It is frightening that their are people out there who think this way.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:58 am Showed up on Facebook. Surprisingly it did not have a fact check saying it’s true that criminals only carry guns for self protection and to coerce citizens into compliance with their needs.
It is frightening that their are people out there who think this way.
Even more so that they get elected in Texas.
Steve Rothstein

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

The fact check ignored that except by generally claiming these are not accurate quotes of Meza, the bill's author. It also claims it does not repeal the Castle Doctrine, just amends it. I will grant that there is some logic to this claim that the doctrine will still exist, just in a much weakened state.

The fact check did include a link to the actual bill if anyone wants it. It can be seen at FACT CHECK HERE.
Steve Rothstein

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Well, when it comes to an unbiased fact check on anything to do with firearms, Reuters is the gold standard.
<Sarcasm off>
Why should I have a duty to retreat anywhere on my property?
How do I know that the criminal "only" came to rob me and not to kill me or rape my wife?

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

If somebody is brazen enough to enter my home, I must assume they have only the darkest of intent, and my duty to my family and society as a whole is to end their criminal career!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 pm If somebody is brazen enough to enter my home, I must assume they have only the darkest of intent, and my duty to my family and society as a whole is to end their criminal career!
Something to consider is the innocent intruder. For example, your neighbor arranges for the plumber to fix his leaking sink while no one is home. He tells the plumber the back door will be unlocked, but mistypes his address and enters yours instead. You leave your back door unlocked, plumber enters innocently. Please don't shoot the plumber.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oljames3 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:47 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:36 pm If somebody is brazen enough to enter my home, I must assume they have only the darkest of intent, and my duty to my family and society as a whole is to end their criminal career!
Something to consider is the innocent intruder. For example, your neighbor arranges for the plumber to fix his leaking sink while no one is home. He tells the plumber the back door will be unlocked, but mistypes his address and enters yours instead. You leave your back door unlocked, plumber enters innocently. Please don't shoot the plumber.
HVAC, not plumbing but this is exactly why we refuse to enter a persons home with nobody there to let us in. Not to mention the risk of being accused of stealing something. Most of the companies I communicate with through trade organizations have the same policy as us. Someone has to be at the home to let us in. The good old days are gone.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Beiruty wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:17 pm She is elected in Irving, TX (Dallas district).
What kind of an idiot is she?
What kind of idiots vote in Irving?

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Oldgringo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:24 pm
Beiruty wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:17 pm She is elected in Irving, TX (Dallas district).
What kind of an idiot is she?
What kind of idiots vote in Irving?
Same idiots in Houston ergo ipso facto Sheila Jackson Lee and HR 127.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I have no ability to communicate with this person. She has no common values with me and I reject her facts and her ability to reason with them.

Reasoned debate presupposes agreement on values, definitions and information.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

MaduroBU wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:14 pm I have no ability to communicate with this person. She has no common values with me and I reject her facts and her ability to reason with them.

Reasoned debate presupposes agreement on values, definitions and information.
Facts are facts....rejecting facts is simply rejecting reality. Now, if you meant that you reject her opinions, I can agree with you.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”