Best Truck?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which truck should I get as a daily driver?

Ford F-150
32%
Ram 1500
12%
Chevy Silverado
20%
Nissan Titan
2%
Toyota Tundra
24%
Other (specify in comments)
10%

Total votes: 50

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Best Truck?

Post by cb1000rider »

glock27 wrote:Get the eco boost 3.5. In the 150
It's an interesting motor, but only provides mild MPG improvements over the alternatives. Apparently it does provide better torque than the V8 down low. The big advantage of it, IMHO, is if you're going to tow at high altitudes.

What's amazing about the F-150 when I looked recently was that the 1/2 ton truck could be configured in a manner such that it's capable of towing about 16k. That's darn impressive for a 1/2 ton truck.

Then again, if this is just the daily driver, I'm not sure that towing more than 10k lbs is the primary objective.

All of the manufacturers have built a dud once in a while. I don't think that it dooms the entire generation. That includes Ford - just have a look at the value of a truck with a 6.0L diesel motor.

Last 1/2 ton I had was the Tundra with the 5.7L. Great truck. Great brakes. I wouldn't want to drive it every day just in terms of fuel economy.

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

I have owned several Fords over the past many years and was very happy with each one of them with the exception of the last one I owned. It was a 2006 F250 Super Duty Powerstroke. Only had 72,000 miles on it when I dumped it, gave me nothing but problems.

I voted for Chevy, cause I really love my new 2015 Silverado. Rides like a dream!
NRA Life Member

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cb1000rider »

Yea, that's the 6.0L motor that I mentioned. A disaster unless you were fanatical about the maintenance and fixing the issues that lead to typical problems.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

All those are good trucks except for Ford. Ford has great trucks. :coolgleamA:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Government Motors seems to be holding its own.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rmoraes

Post by rmoraes »

B"H
Planning my next vehicle: Honda Ridgeline. 6 cyl and all I need
Rick KG5VKX
NRA Life Member - NRA Pistol Instructor
Glock and Sig Sauer Armorer

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I drive a '99 F-250 crewcab 4x4. Over 170K and no major issues. Since I have a company truck I don't put many miles on it now.

We're looking at a (used) truck for my wife. I'm really intrigued by the Ecoboost. I have a buddy with one and it is impressive. The way my wife drives she will be able to take advantage of the fuel savings and still be able to haul all her stuff.

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

GMC! Where's the GMC button.
I'm 6 years in, never had to take it in for any problems. I had chevy's for the 20 years prior to that with very few issues.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

LeakyWaders

Post by LeakyWaders »

I have a '08 Ridgeline and my ONLY complaint is that the hood liner has separated from the roof and is sagging significantly. I find the trunk very comfortable. I am 5' 9" short and fit the seat well. My supersized friends prefer their larger vehicles if we decide to car-pool. The Honda's ride is better than any pick up I have owned or driven before. I think the comfort comes from the uni-body construction. The bed is a little short but when needed I slide the bed extender into the towing receiver and tie down the load.....problem solved. It fits in my garage better than a full size PU. Hope this helps.
Paul
Pants Up.......Don't Loot

jmra

Post by jmra »

My last 3 trucks have been Ford, Chevy, Tundra. Loved the ford and the tundra - will never buy another Chevy.
If I were buying today it would come down to who has the best deal and the most bells and whistles between the ford and the tundra. My brother (a Toyota lifer) just bought and pulled the trigger on the new F150.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

I have owned Ford, GMC and Dodge. By far the Dodge Ram 1500 was the best as far as ride quality, comfort and technology. I averaged about 19 mpg with the Ram (4x4) and could have done much better if I kept my foot out of it but the Hemi has so much power and begged to let it run.
Salty1

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Ford Raptor! But no way can I afford 60k for a trucks
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don't have a pickup truck, but I bought a 2015 4Runner Trail 4x4 in March, and I am very impressed with Toyota's quality. My neighbor across the street has a 2013 Tacoma TRD and they love it. I realize that is smaller than the Tundra, but if the Tundra is built to the same quality as my 4Runner or my neighbor's Tacoma, it would be a great truck.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Paragrouper

Post by Paragrouper »

Bought my first Nissan in '84. I'll stay with the brand
DCC
"Beware the fury of of the patient man." ~John Dryden

Return to “Off-Topic”