List of counties with more voters than residents...

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

List of counties with more voters than residents...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://publicinterestlegal.org/bad-county-list/

141 counties in the U.S. have been found to have more voters than they do residents. The percentage number next to each county name on the list is the percentage of voters to residents:

I put this under "Federal", but this could just as easily concern local and state voting too. What's alarming is this:
Brooks County Texas 123%
Kenedy County Texas 116%
Terrell County Texas 111%
McMullen County Texas 109%
Irion County Texas 107%
Jim Hogg County Texas 105%
Culberson County Texas 104%
Presidio County Texas 102%
Polk County Texas 101%
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

K5GU

Re: List of counties with more voters than residents...

Post by K5GU »

I wonder how many of them are deceased "voters".
Life is good.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I guess that's one version of a legacy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

I wonder if there is a way to see which way the counties voted, blue or red?

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

That's bad any way you look at it, but if that's voters to total residents, including underage, that's really bad.

My personal hot button - I will never understand why not a single politician will help break the veil hiding ballot records.

1) All electronic voting systems currently in use store ballots in a proprietary format that is kept secret.

2) State election code requires all formats of every ballot used in every election must be available for public review.

3) Since electronic ballots are in a secret proprietary format, therefore the law is not respected in this regard.

There are examples of elections where the reported total was wildly different from precinct by precinct totals - and no analysis of the ballot data could be done because the proprietary data format made third-party analysis a violation of copyright.

Does anyone want to know if his favorite politician will knowingly participate in unlawfully vulnerable elections? Post a name, I'll ask the right questions - and I am cynically convinced there isn't a politician in Texas who will lift a finger to even investigate the situation.

Here's a couple off the top of my head - my legislative representation, Kyle Kacal and Charles Schwertner.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

It is not an accurate statement and is misleading and was released this way for political reasons. The website says it is the number of registered voters, not the number of voters. These numbers are nowhere near each other, especially in states where the registration is kept active without renewal. Texas law requires the registration be kept active for at least two years after the initial registration or last vote placed.

It also does not say how they got the population and where. If they used the only close to accurate place, the last census was done five years ago and is no longer an accurate statement of who is still alive or living in any county. I am always wary when the sources of the data are not released.
Steve Rothstein

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://publicinterestlegal.org/bad-county-list/

141 counties in the U.S. have been found to have more voters than they do residents. The percentage number next to each county name on the list is the percentage of voters to residents:

I put this under "Federal", but this could just as easily concern local and state voting too. What's alarming is this:
Brooks County Texas 123%
Kenedy County Texas 116%
Irion County Texas 107%
Polk County Texas 101%
Seems like some obvious candidates are missing: Uvalde County, Cameron County, Hidalgo County, Starr County, Zapata County, Willacy County, and Webb County. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

VMI77 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:http://publicinterestlegal.org/bad-county-list/

Brooks County Texas 123%
Kenedy County Texas 116%
Irion County Texas 107%
Polk County Texas 101%
Seems like some obvious candidates are missing: Uvalde County, Cameron County, Hidalgo County, Starr County, Zapata County, Willacy County, and Webb County. "rlol"
Duval!
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

K5GU wrote:I wonder how many of them are deceased "voters".
I suspect that's the case. Like the airman database, it's full of dead people.

VM: Show me that these people are still actively voting and I'll agree with have a big problem. Even less than that, show me that these counties - or counties with below-average income demographics have a higher voter turn out and I'll be suspicious.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

These all sound like small population counties. That would mean that the high percentages could represent a small number of people. To test that theory, I looked at Brook County.

Population 7,237 in 2013 and the trend is a declining population (In 1984 the population was 8,797.)
According to the Texas Secretary of State website, in 2014 Brooks County had:
Registered Voters 6,433 Actual Voters 2,146, Percent Voting 33.36%, Early Voters 1,314, Percent Early Voting 20.43%

So, not only do they not have more registered voters than the total population (or are they referring to voting age persons??), only 1/3rd of those registered actually voted.

Let's look at another county - Jim Hogg County
Population 5,245 in 2013 and the trend is stable (1984 the population was 5385)
Registered Voters 3,853, Actual Voters 720, Percent Voting 18.69%, Early Voters 332, Percent Early Voting 8.62%

It doesn't look to me like there's a problem in these counties. I wonder where they're getting their numbers from.

I'd be a lot more concerned about a large county, such as Dallas County, having over-registration, then small rural counties with very low populations.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

troglodyte wrote:I wonder if there is a way to see which way the counties voted, blue or red?
Yes. Wikipedia has a county by county map under "United States presidential election 2012" and look under Maps.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Return to “Federal”