Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Jeb on gun rights and backgound checks.

Post by Beiruty »

He should get C from NRA.
1) Waiting period is a joke. Does not effect the violent crime or suicides.
2) Sharing info about mentally defective people and deny them through NICS should be the law and it is the law.
3) He should have stated that he is pro-gun, pro 2ndA at both Federal and State level.
4) He should have stated clamp on the criminals, reduce gun theft by toughing out the penalties, and share info about mentally defective people.

Finally, he does not own guns and he is not a gun guy.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Beiruty wrote:He should get C from NRA.
2) Sharing info about mentally defective people and deny them through NICS should be the law and it is the law.
3) He should have stated that he is pro-gun, pro 2ndA at both Federal and State level.
4) He should have stated clamp on the criminals, reduce gun theft by toughing out the penalties, and share info about mentally defective people.

here's something I've wondered about before.....
the whole "sharing info about mentally defective people" wouldn't that be against HIPPA?HIPAA, whatever it's initials are. I mean, for example, I can't legally call and get information about my MIL who has Alz and may have forgotten to write something down, but some bureaucrat can decide that a diagnosis means that someone is "mentally defective", tell a gun store salesman that and now everyone in the store knows the man can't buy the gun.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

NYC is not a state and like Chicago, should not have so much control over state law.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

SewTexas wrote:
Beiruty wrote:He should get C from NRA.

here's something I've wondered about before.....
the whole "sharing info about mentally defective people" wouldn't that be against HIPPA?HIPAA, whatever it's initials are. I mean, for example, I can't legally call and get information about my MIL who has Alz and may have forgotten to write something down, but some bureaucrat can decide that a diagnosis means that someone is "mentally defective", tell a gun store salesman that and now everyone in the store knows the man can't buy the gun.
Actually no it is not a violation of the HIPAA to release medical information to the us govt for certain purposes or even the state govt for that matter MD's are required by law to report epilepsy or seizure disorders to DPS for the purpose of drivers licenses. Also the federal and state governments are exempt from the HIPAA provisions

dlh

Post by dlh »

There is massive confusion about gun rights/ownership by both leftists and radcons. Leftists would rewrite the second amendment through their own "interpretation" and basically deny us the right to own any firearm. On the other extreme are some radcons who believe there should be no regulation of any firearms whatsoever.

Remember, Bush is running for President so expect him like most politicians to speak out of both sides of his mouth. He wants to be both pro-states rights and pro-gun ownership at the same time. Occasionally his statements will seem to contradict one another so he must engage in further nuancing and parsing to repair the mess he made with previous statements.

Glad I am not a politician.

dlh
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Or he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.
:iagree:
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

The Wall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Wall »

It doesn't matter since I'm not voting for him regardless.

Taypo
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Taypo »

mojo84 wrote:Or he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.
:iagree:

Thus giving rise to the animal known as Trump.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Wall wrote:It doesn't matter since I'm not voting for him regardless.
Maybe you aren't but others on here have voiced their support for Jeb and I thought it a good idea to make sure they see this.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I detest Stephen Colbert's lefty unctuousness, thus I couldn't bring myself to watch...

For J.B. to go on his show doesn't make sense as Colbert isn't credible. He's a court jester at best.

No more than Jon Stewart is a pundit - neither is to be taken seriously, but it seems some think they're both heavy weight thinkers.

Whoever suggested J.B. go on Colbert's show ought to be shown the door.

Bad decision.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I was more interested in what Jeb Bush had to say than what Colbert's political opinions are.

I don't watch him but some say he has a conservative political bent. I wouldn't know though.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:Or he could speak openly, plainly and directly without playing both sides of the fence using nuance and flat out doubletalk. It seems to be working well for others. I think many American voters are sick of politicians trying to play all sides for the sake of votes.
No he can't, because he's a corrupt, sleazy, lying, America hating politician, like Obama, except not as smart, personable, or dare I say, as masculine. "rlol" He's just too pathetic to be taken seriously. He was born with a sliver spoon in his mouth and he acts as if he's entitled to be president because of his name and because his daddy and his brother were president. He's not as brazenly corrupt as Hillary, but they're both part of the same club of which the rest of us are not members.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

mojo84 wrote:
The Wall wrote:It doesn't matter since I'm not voting for him regardless.
Maybe you aren't but others on here have voiced their support for Jeb and I thought it a good idea to make sure they see this.
And I'm glad you did! So I guess it does matter if you can get folks not to vote for him. :lol:

Return to “Federal”